NOT Getting Job Interviews? Get A Professional CV Today. Click Here For Details
Laboratory Technologist Jobs, Laboratory Jobs, Medical Jobs, PSC Jobs
LABORATORY TECHNOLOGIST III – TEN (10) POSTS – V/NO. 180/2019
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh. 24,580 – Ksh. 32,760 P.M. (Grade CSG 12)
Terms of Service: Three (3) years contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance
- a Diploma in any of the following fields:- Applied Sciences (Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry, Biology), Food Science and Technology or Medical Laboratory Technology from a recognized institution;
- a registration Certificate issued by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board (KMLTTB); and
- a valid practicing license from Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board (KMLTTB).
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will work under the guidance and supervision of a senior officer. Duties and responsibilities will include:-
- decontaminating working benches;
- receiving and scrutinizing laboratory requisition forms and specimens for accuracy;
- preparing clients for collection of specimens;
- receiving, collecting, labeling and registering specimens;
- disaggregating specimens for processing and analysis; and performing routine diagnostic tests
How to Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below. Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
- by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s
Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION IS COMMITTED TO AVAILING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL KENYANS. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
THE SECRETARY/CEO PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMMISSION HOUSE P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100 NAIROBI
so as to reach the Commission on or before 9th December 2019 latest 5pm (East African Time).