Librarian Jobs, Library Jobs, Kisumu County Assembly Jobs
The Kisumu County Assembly Service Board invites applications from suitably qualified Kenyan citizens to fill the following vacant position:
LIBRARIAN II (KSMCASB 8) JOB GROUP L -ONE POSITION(CONTRACTUAL)
The office holder shall work directly under and report to the Principal ICT Officer.
- Cataloguing, coding and classification of library materials;
- Shelving new and returned books and other information materials;
- Filing information materials and publications;
- Retrieving information from the library for use by clients;
- Collecting documents and archiving /preserving information
- Have a Diploma in any of following disciplines:- Library Science, Information Science or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Have a Kenya Certificate of secondary Education (KCSE) mean Grade C (plain) with at least a C in Mathematics and either English or Kiswahili;
- Have attended a course in library studies at the Kenya Polytechnic or any other approved institution and awarded a certificate in librarianship;
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the concepts and techniques of professional research , with particular emphasis on information;
- Have a certificate in computer applications
Salary and Remuneration
Kshs. 41,770×1,910-43,680×2,000-45,680×2,100-47,780×2,170- 49,950×2,550-52,500×2,650-55,150×2,750-57,900pm
How to Apply
All interested applicants MUST obtain and submit the following valid documents;
- Curriculum Vitae,
- Certified copies of relevant Academic and Professional Certificates,
- National Identity Card or Passport
- Observe Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010;
- Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority; ( KRA),
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board; (HELB),
- Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; (EACC),
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal investigation Department; (CID);
- Clearance Certificate from a recognized Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
All applications should clearly be marked to; The Chairman,
County Assembly Service Board, Kisumu County Assembly,
P.O. Box 86 – 40100, Kisumu.
and be hand delivered to the office of the speaker/chairman of the County Assembly Service Board located at the Assembly building Kisumu, so as to reach him not later than Tuesday 10th December 2019 at 5.00pm.
Note: The County Assembly is an equal opportunity Employer; canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted