NOT Getting Job Interviews? Get A Professional CV Today. Click Here For Details
Marketing Officer Jobs, Sales & Marketing Jobs, MMU Jobs
Grade MNT 8 (1Position) – Ref: MMU/EA/11/10/2019
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:-
- Maintaining good relations and soliciting daily room production of individuals, groups, and conference business in order to meet sales targets;
- Planning sales activities by identifying potential clients, organizing sales calls and events to develop new business;
- Negotiating new contracts and renewals in order to meet sales targets;
- Coordinating with Front office, Banqueting and Food and Beverage section for all specific guest requirements;
- Follow-up with clients before, during and after the function/event/stay to ensure repeat business;
- Attending various trade shows, functions as and when required;
- Handling complaints and passing to the Hotel Manager;
- Achieving monthly budget goals and new business targets;
- Preparing monthly sales activity report;
- Contributing to overall market plan; and
- Performing any other duties as shall be assigned by the Hotel Manager from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Marketing; Mass Communications; Public Relations; Communication and Media or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution; and
- Served in a similar position for a minimum of three (3) years in a Busy Hotel
How To Apply
Interested applicants should submit ten (10) copies of their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, e-mail address, telephone contacts, postal address, current post, copy of current pay slip, certified copies of academic, professional certificates and testimonials. They should provide clearance certificates from the following organizations:
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Certificate of Good Conduct
They should also provide three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about their competence and areas of specialization, one of who must be a recent/last employer. The referees should submit their confidential reports in sealed envelopes clearly marked with the specific reference number, to the address here below.
Applicants should fill the summary sheet attached in MS Word and send it to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MMU is an equal opportunity employer thus, women, persons with disability and minority groups are encouraged to apply.
Applications quoting the respective reference numbers on the envelope, should reach the undersigned on or before Friday, 29th November, 2019.
Multimedia University of Kenya
P.O. Box 15653 – 00503
NAIROBI – KENYA
E-mail address: email@example.com