Official Receiver Jobs, Legal Jobs, Office of the Attorney General Jobs
Applications are invited from suitably qualified officers serving in the Public Service for vacant posts in the Business Registration Service under the Office of The Attorney General and Department of Justice.
ADVERT NO. 3/2019 – OFFICIAL RECEIVER, JOB GRADE BRS 2, ONE (1) POST
The Official Receiver shall report to the Director General.
The Official Receiver shall be responsible for the implementation of the Insolvency Act.
The specific duties and responsibilities shall include:
- Establishing and providing for the operation of a framework for the efficient and equitable administration of the estates of insolvent natural persons and unincorporated entities comprising natural persons, and the assets of insolvent companies and other bodies corporate, that maintains a fair balance between the interests of those persons, entities, companies and bodies and those of their creditors;
- Oversee the issuance and renewal of Insolvency Practitioners Licenses; the setting and administering of Insolvency Practitioners examinations;
- Ensure that preliminary examination of debtors;
- the filing of proof of debt forms; the tracing of assets of the debtor and companies in liquidation,
- ensuring assets are preserved, valued and insured direct for advertising the bankruptcy and the winding up order;
- Ensuring that the statements of affairs for both companies and debtors is issued;
- the necessary court applications are filed;
- the proper distribution of assets to creditors; Supervise court attendance;
- Cascading performance targets to the staff in the division and monitoring and evaluation of performance of the Directorate.
- The Official Receiver shall also perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Board and Director General.
A person shall qualify for appointment as the Official Receiver if that person:
- Is a Citizen of Kenya;
- Has eight (8) years post admission relevant experience;
- Has served in the grade of a Deputy Official Receiver or any similar managerial position for a minimum of three (3) years with proven experience;
- Is an advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Holds a Bachelor of Laws degree from a recognized University;
- Holds a Masters degree in Law or in any other related field from a recognized University
- Demonstrates administrative and professional competence;
- Demonstrates computer literacy.
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by completing ONE BRS Form. The application form may be downloaded from the Business Registration Service website www.brs.go.ke, the Public Service Commission website www.publicservice.go.ke, and Africa Management Solutions Limited website www.amsol.co.ke
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.All officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
- Candidates are advised to apply for one position only where they are most suited.
The Completed application form should be sent or delivered to Africa Management Solutions Limited, 3rd Floor, Suite 12A, Vision Plaza, Mombasa Road or emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 3rd December, 2019
Shortlisted applicants will be required to present originals of the following documents:
- National identity card or passport;
- Academic and professional certificates and transcripts;
- Any other relevant supporting documents and testimonials;
- Clearances from the following bodies to demonstrate compliance with chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 :
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Any of the Registered Credit Reference Bureau; and
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations.