Pharmaceutical Technologist Jobs, Medical Jobs, NCCK Jobs
Main Purpose Of The Job
Role involves providing guidance and leadership to the laboratory section and ensuring provision of quality and timely services
- Quality and timely service
- Cost effective use of resources
- High levels of health and safety practices
- Creation of a conducive work environment
- Continuous quality improvement
- Timely reports
- Team player
These objectives will be met through the following key tasks:
- Daily stock checking
- Dispensing drugs to the patients
- To provide an error free drugs to patients by ensuring no errors during the process of dispensing by ensuring a hassle free environment for staff.
- Go through the prescriptions carefully.
- If in doubt, check with the senior in the department or with the referral doctor.
- Clarify the quantity required and the dosage required with the patients.
- Prepare the bill for the quantity required and inform the patient / customer about the bill amount.
- Generate the bill in duplicate.
- Take the medicines from the respective racks in accordance with the bill and the doctor’s prescription.
- Check the medicines physically for batch no, expiry quantity with the bill and prescription and approved by the pharmacist.
- Pack the medicines along with the prescription and the original bill. If patient prefers, counselling on dosage and regimen, explain and counsel them on how it needs to be taken and the reasons for the medications.
- Lifesaving drugs availability, non-moving drug monitoring, short expiry drugs removal before 6 months of expiry.
- Ensuring that proper storage conditions are maintained for all the drugs.
- Inventory management – physical stock and computer stock maintenance.
- Co-ordinate with in charge to ensure availability of drugs and surgical products at any given point of time.
- Arranging the non-available medicine if required, request the concerned doctors for alternate medicines.
- Prepare the short-expiry medicines list hand over to the In charge once in a month.
- Receive the prescriptions from the patients/customers.
Level of Education/Academic Qualification
- At least Secondary School Education (KCSE).
Specialised Training/Professional Qualifications
- Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology
- Management training / experience
Other Competencies/Abilities/Skills Required
- Supervisory skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Analytical skills
- High levels of integrity and confidentiality
Relevant Job Experience
- Must have worked in a similar position for at least three years.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should click here to download the NCCK Job Application Form. The Application Forms to be sent to email@example.com and received not later than 12.00 noon on 29th November 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Please note that NCCK does NOT charge any fee whatsoever for application, processing, interviewing or securing employment.