PhotoJournalist Jobs, Journalism Jobs, Communication Jobs, Embu County Government Jobs
PHOTOJOURNALIST. JOB GROUP ‘K’. 1 POST (CPSB 60/19)
Terms of Service: Contract
- Use of a variety of cameras to take photographs of important occasions, people, events or moments;
- Process photos or videos by developing negatives or editing digital images to produce clear visuals;
- Compose headlines, captions or other descriptive tag to interpret a photo/video;
- Use photo editing software such as print shop prop or photoshop to edit or enhance an image;
- Conduct interviews to obtain facts which validate a news story;
- Manipulate parameters such as lighting, focus, depth and distance to obtain clear images;
- Manage time effectively in order to achieve assigned tasks;
- Train new users in photojournalism;
- Responsible for the studio equipment.
- Should have Bachelor’s Degree in either Journalism, Photography, Visual Communication, Music, Social Science or related field;
- Should have three (3) years’ experience in the Photo Journalism or related field;
- Should possess the skills in photo editing, script writing, proofreading, reporting and photographic techniques;
- Must be computer literate;
- Work with minimum supervision;
- Result oriented.
How to Apply
All applicants are requested to download an application form and a detailed document containing requirements relevant to the positions advertised from Embu County website:-www.embu.go.ke
Candidates should attach photocopies of the following documents:
- National Identity Card
- Academic, Professional Certificates and testimonials
- Clearance from KRA, EACC, HELB, CRB and Certificate of Good Conduct from DCI
- Any other relevant supporting documents.
All applications should be sent to the undersigned on or before 3rd December, 2019.
EMBU COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O BOX 2871- 60100,
- Only short listed candidates shall be contacted.
- The reference number of the position being applied MUST be indicated on the envelope and the Application.
- Embu County Public Service Board is an equal opportunity employer and does NOT charge any fee for recruitment.
- Any candidate who directly or indirectly canvases shall lead to automatic disqualification