Quantity Surveyor Jobs, TMUC Jobs
- Must have a Bachelor of Arts degree in Building Economics/ Quantity Surveying from a recognized University
- Must be registered and has a current license from the Board of Registration of Architects and Quantity Surveyors of Kenya (BORAQS).
- Member of Institute of Quantity Surveyors of Kenya (IQSK)
- Must have at least ten (10) years post qualification relevant work experience preferably in a Public Sector.
- Must be proficient in computer applications preferably in the related area.
- Post-graduate qualification in Project Management will be an added advantage.
- Responsible for co-ordination, checking and approval of Bills of Quantities and specifications.
- Responsible for Technical Administration which entails inter alia, dealing with correspondence, reports and papers on Policy Matters of Quantity Surveying nature.
- Co-ordination of staff matters including Manpower projections, staff training and development, Departmental Budget and Estimate of Expenditure.
- Liaison with other Technical Departments and contract administration.
- Responsible for direction and control of Contractual Administration of construction project which entails inter alia evaluation of payments and reporting on contractual claims from contractors, resolution of disputes and liaison with office of the University Legal Officer on cases requiring Litigation, Arbitration or other means of resolving disputes.
- Policy matters of Quantity Surveying nature as delegated by the Principal Quantity Surveyor.
- Responsible for Cost Information Services, Control and Implementation of Tendering and Procurement Procedures for all construction projects which entails the supervision of specialist units such as Cost Planning Unit, Research in Material Costs, Design Economics, Preparation of Various Cost Handbooks, liaison with various committees and working groups on Construction costs such as Central Bureau of Statistics, the Joint Building Council of Kenya, Architectural Association of Kenya and other Professional Bodies. In charge of Maintenance of Professional Ethics and standards in the Department in liaison with the Board of Registration.
- Any other relevant duty as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Terms of Service
The terms for the advertised positions will be on two (2) year contract renewable subject to satisfactory performance and the project term.
How To Apply
Ten (10) copies of applications should be submitted together with an updated Curriculum Vitae giving details of the applicant; age, marital status, academic and professional qualification, working experience, present post and salary, telephone contact, email address, names and referees plus copies of the certificates and testimonials. The reference number of the position applied should be clearly indicated. All applications be addressed to;
Tom Mboya University College
P.O. BOX 199 – 40300
So as to reach not later than Friday 29th November, 2019. Any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Applicants are advised to contact their referees and request them to send their letters of reference to the above address. The referees should write and send their recommendations, under sealed envelopes before the advert deadline.
N/B: Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Tom Mboya University College is an equal opportunity employer and therefore applicants of either gender or persons with disability are encouraged to apply.