Registrar of Companies Jobs, Legal Jobs, Office of The Attorney General Jobs, Business Registration Service Jobs
Applications are invited from suitably qualified officers serving in the Public Service for vacant posts in the Business Registration Service under the Office of The Attorney General and Department of Justice.
ADVERT NO. 2/2019 – REGISTRAR OF COMPANIES, JOB GRADE BRS 2, ONE (1) POST
The Registrar of Companies shall report to the Director General.
The Registrar of Companies shall be responsible for the implementation of the Companies Act, Registrations of Business Names Act, Limited Liability Partnerships Act, Partnerships Act which functions entail:
- Registration of Companies, Business Names, Limited Liability Partnerships and Partnerships,
- Maintenance of the record of registered entities, creating linkages with professional bodies on matters of development of the legal framework for incorporation, registration, operation, management and regulation of companies.
- He/she shall be responsible for the day to day administration and management of the affairs of the Companies Registry and all such duties as imposed by the relevant laws and policies as well as any other duty as may be assigned by the Board and Director General.
A person shall qualify for appointment as the Registrar of Companies if that person:
- Is a citizen of Kenya;
- Has eight (8) years post admission relevant experience;
- Has served in the grade of Deputy Registrar of Companies, or in a similar managerial position for a minimum period of three (3) years with proven experience;
- Holds a Bachelors of Laws degree from a recognized institution;
- Holds a Masters degree in Law or any other related field from a recognized University;
- Is an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Demonstrates computer literacy;
- Demonstrates administrative and professional competence and
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by completing ONE BRS Form. The application form may be downloaded from the Business Registration Service website www.brs.go.ke, the Public Service Commission website www.publicservice.go.ke, and Africa Management Solutions Limited website www.amsol.co.ke
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.All officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
- Candidates are advised to apply for one position only where they are most suited.
The Completed application form should be sent or delivered to Africa Management Solutions Limited, 3rd Floor, Suite 12A, Vision Plaza, Mombasa Road or emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 10th December, 2019
Shortlisted applicants will be required to present originals of the following documents:
- National identity card or passport;
- Academic and professional certificates and transcripts;
- Any other relevant supporting documents and testimonials;
- Clearances from the following bodies to demonstrate compliance with chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 :
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Any of the Registered Credit Reference Bureau; and
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations.