Senior Records Management Officer Jobs, Records Management Jobs, Information Sciences Jobs, PPPRA Jobs
The Public Procurement Regulatory Authority (PPRA) is established under the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act, 2015. The Authority’s mission is ‘To regulate the public procurement and asset disposal system through monitoring and enforcement for socio-economic development in Kenya.’ Towards this end, the Authority is seeking to recruit results oriented professionals to fill the following vacant position;
SENIOR RECORDS MANAGEMENT OFFICER, JOB GRADE PPRA 5, REF.: RMO/5/2019 (1 POSITION)
Duties and responsibilities will include assisting the manager responsible for monitoring, evaluation, research, reporting and advisory services (MERRAS) in developing, implementing and reviewing records management policy and procedures; retention; disposal schedules; file classification system; management of mails external; ensure safe custody of records and documents; liaise with the Kenya National Archives and Documentation Services on relevant matters ; initiating, developing and implementing infrastructure for electronic records management; preparation.
In addition, duties will entail developing, implementing and reviewing knowledge management policies and framework; promoting knowledge sharing through the organization’s operational business processes and systems; promoting public access to procurement information by developing dissemination and advocacy strategies; and preparing the units budgets, monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the records management unit.
KRA 1: Mail
- INCOMING: Receive record, classify, and distribute incoming correspondences for necessary action
- OUTGOING: Record and dispatch outgoing correspondences to respective destinations.
KRA 2: Filing
- UPDATING: Sort, classify and store documents securely in appropriate facilities – folders, shelves, cabinets and racks
- RETRIEVAL: Avail filed documents upon demand as necessary
KRA 3: Custody
- DOCUMENTATION: Maintain/update the various catalogues, inventories, and indexes of
- SECURITY: Protect document from unauthorized access, theft, damage, falsification and disappearance
KRA 4: Disposal
- ARCHIVING: Remove, sort, classify and put inactive/dead records in archive for historical purposes
- DESTRUCTION: Dispose of inactive/dead records of little historical significance
The successful candidate will develop and install appropriate standards of performance including the following systems:
- DOCUMENTS REGISTER: For recording movement of mail
- INDEXING SYSTEM: For classification of documents for filing and retrieval
- DOCUMENTS CUSTODY FACILITIES: Cabinets – lockable and fire-resistant
- DISPOSAL POLICY: Regulations governing retention, archiving and disposal of documents
- The ideal job holder shall have at least six (6) years relevant experience in records management or in a related field
- A bachelor’s degree in Information Sciences or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- In addition, the candidate shall be computer proficient.
How to Apply
Each application should be accompanied by a copy of the National Identity Card/Passport, PPRA Formal Application Form and attach copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, testimonials and any other relevant supporting documents. b) All applications should be clearly marked “Application for (indicate the position applied for)’’, on the envelope and submitted on or before 16th December, 2019 in any ONE of the following ways:
i)Hand delivered applications should be taken to the reception desk on 11th floor, National Bank Building, Harambee Avenue, Nairobi.
ii)Posted applications should be addressed to:
Public Procurement Regulatory Authority
11th Floor, National Bank Building
P. O. Box 58535-00200,
If you have the required qualifications, please submit your detailed application to the address above by 5.00 p.m. on 16th December, 2019 quoting on the top of the envelope the job reference title for the position you are applying for.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Candidates are advised that any form of canvassing will result in automatic disqualification.
PPRA is an equal opportunity employer and all Kenyans in their diversity, including youth, women and persons with disability, are encouraged to apply.