Assistant Health Records & Information Management Officer Jobs In Kenya, Medical Jobs, Kakamega County Jobs
Job Group CPSB 11 (24 Posts)
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh. 24,580 x 1,070 – 25,650 x 1,080 – 26,730 x 1,110 – 27,840 x 1,130 – 28,970 x 1,200 – 30,170 x 1,260 – 31,430 x 1,330 – 32,760 p.m.
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will work under the guidance of a senior and experienced officer. Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail;
- receiving and documenting patients at hospital reception;
- registering and booking appointment for patients to clinics and consultants;
- storing and retrieving medical records documents; preparing clinics;
- updating bed bureau;
- editing of patient case records; gathering data from different sources;
- capturing data from service points; maintaining record safety and confidentiality; storing and retrieving medical records;
- balancing daily bed returns;
- creating and maintaining master index;
- updating patient master index;
- directing patients to relevant clinics;
- scheduling of patients to the consultants and specialty clinics;
- assigning codes to diseases and surgical procedures according to the International Classification of Diseases and Procedures in Medicine; and
- Preparing Health records and reports.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
- Diploma in Health Records and Information Technology from a recognized institution; and
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution;
Terms of Service: Three (3) years Renewable contract based on agreed performance levels
NOTE: APPLICANTS FOR THE ABOVE POSITIONS WILL BE REQUIRED TO GET CLEARANCE FROM THE FOLLOWING TO MEET REQUIREMENTS OF CHAPTER 6 OF THE CONSTITUTION OF KENYA 2010:-
- Criminal Investigation Department;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- For those with higher education certificates (degrees) from outside Kenya, a letter of recognition of qualifications from the Commission of University Education.
Copies of these clearances MUST be attached to the applications.
How to Apply
All applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae, Academic and Professional Certificates, Testimonials, National Identity Card or Passport, and any other supporting documents. The positions applied for should be indicated on top of the envelope. Kakamega County residents will be required to indicate their Sub-County and Ward of origin.
Applications should be submitted to:
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 458-50100
Hand delivered applications can be submitted at the County Public Service Board’s Reception located at Former Provincial Headquarters, Block ‘B’ 2nd Floor.
All applications should reach this office on or before 20th December, 2019
County Government of Kakamega is an equal opportunity employer. Female Candidates and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.