Administration Jobs, Kisumu County Assembly Jobs
The Kisumu County Assembly Service Board invites applications from suitably qualified Kenyan citizens to fill the following vacant position:
1. CLERK OF THE COUNTY ASSEMBLY KSM CASB2 (S) –1 POSITION (RESPONSIBLE TO THE SPEAKER AND COUNTY ASSEMBLY SERVICE BOARD)
Functions of the Clerk
- Implementing the resolutions of the County Assembly Service Board to ensure the Members and Staff are properly facilitated to discharge their mandates at the County Assembly;
- Overseeing smooth and efficient operation of Select Committees;
- Provision of information and research for the Speaker and Members;
- Ensuring production of accurate record of the House Business/ form of Votes and Proceedings;
- Marshaling all decisions arrived at by the County Assembly, preparing and producing them pursuant to specified format set out in the Constitution of Kenya, the statutes, the Standing Orders, Precedents, the traditions and practices;
- Ensuring timely processing and orderly disposal of the agenda of the County Assembly also known as Orders of the Day.
- The Administrative head of the County Assembly;
- The Accounting Officer / Authorized Officer for the County Assembly;
- Secretary to the County Assembly Service Board of Kisumu;
- Responsible for implementation of all policy decisions of the County Assembly Service Board;
- Responsible for Enhancing Public understanding and knowledge of the work of the County Assembly and increasing Public accessibility;
- The Principal Advisor on all legislative procedures, practices , conventions and traditions to the Speaker of the County Assembly, other presiding Officers and to all Honorable Members of the County Assembly;
- The Chief Advisor to the Speaker in the exercise of all powers and functions that belong to the Speaker and through the Speaker, to the House. He acts under authority and takes decisions in the name of the Speaker. Orders passed by the Clerk are the Orders in the name of the Speaker, and the latter accepts full responsibility for those orders;
- Responsible for marshalling all Legislative measures passed by the County Assembly.sxf
Pursuant to the provisions of section 12 of the County Governments Act and the County Assembly Services Act, a person shall not be qualified for appointment as a Clerk of the County Assembly unless such person:
- Should be a Kenyan
- Has had at least 7 years of relevant professional
- Holds a degree in social science, political science, law from a university recognized in Kenya or its
- Meets the requirements of Leadership and Integrity set out in Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya
- Must have undertaken strategic and Development leadership(SLDP) from Kenya School of Government
The following qualifications will be an added advantage;
- Served in, and shown proven and enduring flair for parliamentary/ County Assembly procedures and practice, and have wide experience on the role, functions and operation of a legislature through exhaustive service in relevant spheres of a legislative
- A master’s degree in relevant discipline from a university recognized in Kenya or its equivalent.
- Priority will be given to those who are working within the County Government of Kisumu
Salary and Remuneration
Kshs.132,000×6,480 -138,480x 6,670-145,150×6,860 – 152,010×7,060 – 159,070×7,710 – 166,780 x13,660 – 180,440×14,970 – 195,410 pm.
How to Apply
All interested applicants MUST obtain and submit the following valid documents;
- Curriculum Vitae,
- Certified copies of relevant Academic and Professional Certificates,
- National Identity Card or Passport
- Observe Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010;
- Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority; ( KRA),
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board; (HELB),
- Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; (EACC),
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal investigation Department; (CID);
- Clearance Certificate from a recognized Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
All applications should clearly be marked to; The Chairman,
County Assembly Service Board, Kisumu County Assembly,
P.O. Box 86 – 40100, Kisumu.
and be hand delivered to the office of the speaker/chairman of the County Assembly Service Board located at the Assembly building Kisumu, so as to reach him not later than Tuesday 10th December 2019 at 5.00pm.
Note: The County Assembly is an equal opportunity Employer; canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted