Legal Jobs, CDA Jobs
- Advising the Authority on various legal matters and monitors the compliance of the company with various regulations issued by the Regulatory Bodies.
- Advising the Authority and coordination with the functional areas in relation to various legal requirements which must be complied with the legal obstacles which must be overcome in order to obtain the Authority’s targeted results
- Overseeing and managing compliance issues within the Authority;
- Responsibility for the timely release of legal advice to assist the Authority in making an informed decision;
- Ensuring timely compliance with rules and regulations affecting the Authority, including the Code of Conduct and Ethics;
- Attending to all legal matters of the Authority including advising, vetting and drafting of legal agreements in relation to the Authority’s operations; and
- Liaising the functional units on queries or legal matters that should arise that relate to the Authority’s affairs.
For appointment to the grade, an officer must:-
- Have a minimum of ten (10) years in relevant work experience and at least five (5) years in supervisory role in the Public or Private Sector;
- Have a Bachelor of Laws degree from a recognized institution,
- Have a Masters Degree in any of the following disciplines; Law, Business Administration, Public Administration, or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution:
- Have a postgraduate Diploma in Legal Studies from the Council of Legal Education;
- Be admitted as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Have a certificate in Leadership Course lasting not less than 6 (six) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Be a Certified Public Secretary (K) or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Be proficient in computer applications;
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the constitution; and
- Demonstrate competence in work performance.
- Show merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply attaching their testimonials and certificates and address their applications to the:
Coast Development Authority
P.O. Box 1322, 80100,
On or before 17th December, 2019
Note: Only the short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
CDA is an equal opportunity employer