Other Professions, PSC Jobs
DIRECTOR, PSYCHOLOGICAL COUNSELING SERVICES – ONE (1) POST – V/NO. 195/2019
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh.132,000 – 195,410 (Grade CSG 5)
Terms of Service:Permanent and Pensionable or Local Agreement
- served for a minimum period of fifteen (15) years, three (3) of which must have been in the grade of Deputy Director, Psychological Counseling Services CSG 6 (Job Group ‘Q/R’) or in a comparable and relevant position in the wider public service;
- a Bachelor’s degree in Counselling Psychology, Psychology (Counselling), or equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Clinical Psychology, Occupational Psychology, Education Psychology, (Guidance and Counselling), Social Psychology, Sociology, Social Work from a university recognized in Kenya Plus a Diploma in Counselling Psychology or equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a Masters degree in Counseling Psychology, Psychology (Counselling) or equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a Certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Membership of a recognized counseling professional body;
- demonstrated professional competence and ability as reflected in work performance and results; and
- demonstrated a thorough understanding of national goals, policies, objectives and ability to relate to the psychological counseling functions.
- Duties and responsibilities at this level will include:-
- formulating, implementing and reviewing, psychological counseling Policies, strategies and standards;
- promoting innovations and creativity to improve psychological counseling services and address emerging issues;
- providing technical advice on psychological counselling services and care in areas of specialization such trauma, HVCT, drug addiction, child, adolescent and adult counselling, HIV and AIDS, psychological, family and workplace counselling;
- promoting partnerships and collaborations with other stakeholders in the provision of psychological counselling services;
- providing guidance on psychological counselling therapeutic and treatment plans;
- managing client referrals to specialists or other institutions for non-counselling services;
- liaising with other professional stakeholders on psychological counselling issues and information sharing to promote health care; and
- ensuring development and administration of psychological counselling tools and tests for clients’ assessment.
How to Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below. Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
- by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s
Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION IS COMMITTED TO AVAILING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL KENYANS. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
THE SECRETARY/CEO PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMMISSION HOUSE P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100 NAIROBI
so as to reach the Commission on or before 9th December 2019 latest 5pm (East African Time).