Entrepreneur Head Jobs, NGO Jobs In Kenya, Brites Management Jobs
Title: Entrepreneur Head- East Africa,
Client: Wadhwani Foundation,
Sector: Educational/ NGO,
Reports to the Zonal Head – SA & EA Location,
Kenya Coverage: In and around East Africa region including Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia,
Salary Range: USD 600-700 Per Month with other Benefits,
Our client- Wadhwani Foundation’s primary mission is accelerating economic development in emerging economies by driving large-scale job creation through entrepreneurship, innovation and skills development. Founded in 2000 by Silicon Valley entrepreneur, Dr. Romesh Wadhwani, today the Foundation is scaling impact in 25 countries across Asia, Africa, and Latin America through the following Initiatives:
- Wadhwani Advantage: Helps Startups and SMEs establish a hyper-growth path by providing personalized, on demand knowledge and consulting resources through an AI-enabled mobile platform.
- Wadhwani Entrepreneur: Inspires, educates and supports early-stage entrepreneurs. Wadhwani Venture FastTrack: Maximizes success rates of early-stage startups
- Wadhwani Entrepreneur College: Empowers students with entrepreneurial mindset and skills leading to better jobs, intrapreneurship and long-term entrepreneurship. Wadhwani Inspire: Establishes a nationwide culture of entrepreneurship
- Wadhwani Innovate: Accelerates world-class innovation and catalyzes critical sectors in emerging economies through their local scientists, researchers and entrepreneurs.
- Wadhwani Opportunity: Helps students with 21st Century employability skills that drive family supporting wages.
- Wadhwani AI: A research institute and global hub, developing AI solutions for social good.
- The Wadhwani Foundation’s focus in Africa is to establish scalable models for supporting young startups to stabilize and establish their businesses for scale. The objective is to establish scale operations that catalyze hundreds and thousands of startups with structured and nuanced support models with measurable outcomes of growth and new jobs; through mutually beneficial partnerships with organizations that share these goals; through leveraging technology platforms to create stronger access, and enable high standards of delivering services and connects.
- Additionally, the initiative expects to create a strong pipeline of entrepreneurially inclined and skilled young professionals and graduates in tens of thousands annually through its structured engagement with higher education campuses and young professionals. These young people will be able to leverage opportunities to solve problems in their country and region through new startups and other leadership roles.
- In East Africa, the Foundation expects to establish these programs and other relevant activities that have high leverage with measurable outcomes within the next 2 years. A leader for this initiative would be responsible for providing the operational strategy to meet the goals and outcomes, and lead and manage the execution of these programs across East Africa
- Help young professionals and college graduates start and sustain new businesses with the potential for high growth
- Work with the university channel partners and other ecosystem stakeholders aligned to the goals to establish WF model for creating new entrepreneurs a. Establish ‘Startup Labs’ run by student leaders to support student entrepreneurs through a structured pathway of learning, mentoring, coaching and access to funding channels b. Establish ‘Venture Fast Track’ program at University or other incubators, accelerators and designed to support a young aspiring or new entrepreneur to advance their startup and lead it to sustainability and growth.
- Inspire, signup and engage high quality mentors and coaches excited to contribute to building the next generation of startups in the region
- Help to localize the Wadhwani Support platform for startups with content, local mentors, coaches and relevant connects from the region 5. Market the programs successfully to sign up partners and to attract and engage the highest quality professionals and students aspiring to be entrepreneurs, student entrepreneurs and startups
- 15+ years of experience with at least 5 years launching and managing outcome driven programs from end to end while managing teams
- Experience working across at least 3-4 countries in the region including Kenya – Experience in the startup ecosystem including an understanding of what startups need to succeed
- Experience with incubators, accelerators and higher education entrepreneurship ecosystem – Very comfortable working with technology platforms as a key enabler in delivering services to the stakeholders
- Very crisp and strong communication, written, spoken, and presentation-oriented
- Ability to hold their own with conviction when working with senior leadership including heads of incubators, senior entrepreneurs and mentors.
- Good people management skills and strong project management skills.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send CVs quoting relevant skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be done on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.