Hospital Environmental Services Supervisor Jobs, Health & Safety Jobs In Kenya, CSS Jobs Title: Hospital Environmental Services Supervisor, Location: Nairobi, Reporting to: Environmental Services Manager,
Our client is a start-up cleaning company. They seek to hire an experienced Housekeeping Supervisors to manage and lead the Housekeeping teams.
- To ensure efficient performance of the facility’s housekeeping services
- Maintain a high standard of hygiene, tidiness and presentation for the facility
- To utilise all cleaning substances/chemicals as instructed by the manufacturer’s label and in compliance with the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) regulations.
- Manage and lead the facility’s housekeeping team.
- To provide a courteous and efficient service to patients, relatives, staff and visitors.
- Communicate effectively with patients, relatives, staff and visitors.
- Work with the Senior Nurse Managers of each clinical area to plan effective cleaning programmes for those areas.
- Liaise with the Infection Control Link Nurses to ensure Housekeeping services contribute to infection control and prevention strategies/policies and procedures.
- To sit on the infection Committee
- To make sure all curtains, flooring and carpets are cleaned regularly and documented.
- Ensure cleaning materials are ordered and kept within agreed stock levels and budgets.
- Ensure maximum cost control through the efficient use of cleaning substances/chemical strengths as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Maintain COSHH compliance for all cleaning substances and chemicals and understand COSHH Regulations; ensure staff understand and use COSHH data sheets and know their importance. Update when necessary to the COSHH register.
- Recruit, manage and use temporary staff effectively within the housekeeping service in liaison with the Environmental Services Manager
- Organise staff rotas ensuring that staffing levels are correct and adequate and that annual leave absences are covered.
- Provide “hands-on” housekeeping support as necessary to cover absences and peak workload seven days a week.
- Monitor and calculate all cleaning schedules
- Inform Facilities Manager of any repairs or maintenance required to the building or equipment.
- Monitoring all chemical waste, following all hazardous waste regulations, and keeping all relevant documents.
- Train and develop new staff and volunteers
- To adhere to Fire and Health and Safety regulations and always maintain a safe working environment
- To take responsibility for being up to date with current policies and procedures and to adhere to these
- Housekeeping Diploma or equivalent required from a recognised Institution of Higher learning
- A minimum of three years of housekeeping services experience
- A minimum of one year of experience in a supervisory position
- Proven experience of cleaning to high standards
- Knowledge of basic Health and Safety guidelines
- Knowledge of COSHH and the safe use of chemicals
- Ability to achieve and maintain high standards of cleanliness
- Able to work as part of a team and motivate people
- Good verbal and written skills
- Good communication skills and the ability to communicate with a diverse range of people
- Flexibility to cover across seven days a week if required to meet the needs of the business including nights
How to apply