Administration Jobs, NBA Jobs
JOB GRADE –C2 (1 Post)
The job holder is responsible for providing secretarial, clerical and administrative support to the CEOs office so as to ensure services are provided in an effective and efficient manner. He/she reports to the CEO by providing senior level secretarial and clerical services.
This position demands for pro-activeness and reliability in handling priorities affecting the Authority, CEO, Heads of departments and high profile external stakeholders. An officer at this level will be responsible to the Chief Executive Officer for the following duties and responsibilities:
- Draft and type routine letters and other office correspondences, editing reports and arrange for outgoing mail and packages dispatch.
- Handle highly confidential documents.
- Prepare in consultative with the Executive for Board Meetings and prepare agenda documents and all administrative issues in regard to a Board meeting or Board Committee Meetings.
- Record dictation in shorthand and transcribing (Shorthand typist)/typing dictations directly (Audio typist).
- Type from drafts, manuscripts or recording from dictation machines and Processing data
- Operate office equipment.
- Attend to visitors/Clients and providing quality customer service.
- Schedule meetings and arrange conference rooms.
- Manage travel arrangements for the executives and schedule.
- Handle information requests.
- Prepare confidential and sensitive documents and their safe custody.
- Coordinate office management activities by managing the day-to-day operations of the office
- Determine matters of top priority and handle accordingly.
- Prepare agenda for meetings.
- Prepare Annual Departmental Procurement Plan
- Maintain / ensure office procedures (SOPs) are followed
- Receive and relay telephone messages.
- Direct the general public to the appropriate staff member.
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing system and ensuring security of office records, documents including clarified materials.
- Receive letters, emails and any other documents on behalf of the Executive.
- Planning and scheduling meetings and appointments.
- Effective management of office protocol and media issues.
- Working together with the Corporate and Communication Department in planning workshops, conference and events that take place from time to time.
- Handle unique office responsibilities, situations that may arise from time to time.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and a Higher Diploma in Secretarial Studies from Kenya National Examinations Council or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution
- Served in the grade of Senior Secretary Grade C1 or comparable and relevant position in public service/Private sector for a minimum period of five (5) years;
- Attended Executive course from Kenya School of Government or any other Government training institution
- KCSE Certificate, mean Grade Cv. Certificate in Computer Applications.
Key competencies and skills
- High integrity level
- Communication Skills (oral and written)
- Interpersonal Skills
- Well Groomed
- Ability to work under pressure
How To Apply
If you believe you meet the criteria for the position above, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and a detailed Curriculum Vitae, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees in sealed envelope clearly marked with job title to the or send by email to the address below on or before 23rd December 2019 to:
Chief Executive Officer
National Biosafety Authority
Pest control Products Board (PCPB) building Loresho- Off Waiyaki way
P.O Box 28251 – 00100 – NAIROBI
NBA is an equal opportunity employer; women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and they will be required to present valid clearance certificates as stipulated in Chapter Six of the Constitution.