Agricultural Jobs, Jobs In Nyeri
Job Title: Farm Supervisor
Location: Mweiga, Nyeri County
A medium sized horticultural farm based in Mweiga, Nyeri. They seek to hire an experienced and competent Farm Supervisor to manage the farm operations, working closely with the Agronomist to ensure the best crops are produced.
- Managing all on-farm activities to include planning of all seeding, nursery, growing and harvesting
- Assign duties, such as cultivation, irrigation, harvesting, packaging, grading and equipment maintenance
- Management, training and supervision of farm staff
- Observe workers to detect inefficient or unsafe work procedures or to identify problems and initiate corrective action as necessary
- Oversee the Nutrient balancing and management of the hydroponics system, plant health, control of pests,
- Water quality testing (including pH, EC, temperature and other critical parameters Stock control;
- Adherence to and where required improvement of Standard Cultivation Operating Procedures and health and safety requirements, and ensuring that all farm activities are carried out accordingly
- Providing periodic operations reports to the management team, reporting on progress vs targets and production reports
- Requisition or purchase of supplies, such as insecticides, machine parts/lubricants, tools and implementation of stock control measures.
- Ensure adherence to Horticultural Crops Development Authority regulations, including Food Safety and Quality, Environment Safety and Workers Welfare, Health and Safety
- Post-harvest processing including storage and packaging in preparation of sale
- Coordination with logistics and sales staff to ensure correct timing of harvest-ready
Qualifications/ Skills Required
- Degree in Agricultural Sciences/ Horticulture, preferably from Egerton University
- Must have minimum of 2 years’ experience in horticultural farming
- Knowledge of hydroponic farming will be an advantage (nutrient formulae, preparing solutions, nutrient requirements, deficiencies, toxicities, pH, Do, conductivity, salinity, growth regulators)
- Extensive practical experience and knowledge about cultivating common greenhouse crops
- Male candidates from the local area are encouraged to apply
- Knowledge of organic farming and permaculture techniques is an advantage
- Keen on learning, growing, and contributing with a small team of experienced people in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, prioritize responsibilities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership capabilities with minimal supervision and ability to take initiative.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Farm Supervisor – Nyeri) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 10th December 2019
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.