Finance Jobs, KEMSA Jobs
The Kenya Medical Supplies Authority (KEMSA), is a state corporation and a specialised medical logistics provider for the Ministry of
Health-supported health facilities and programmes. The Authority supports the National Health Strategic Plan and the Kenya Health Package for Health in providing public health facilities with the right quantity and quality of drugs and medical supplies at the best market value. KEMSA’s overall mandate is to procure, store and distribute medical commodities to public health facilities managed by the Ministry of Health. KEMSA also collects information and provides regular reports to the national and county governments on the status and cost effectiveness of procurement and the distribution and value of prescribed essential medical supplies delivered to health facilities. The Authority aspires to be a leader in innovative health supply chain solutions that provide better health service delivery.
The Authority is seeking to recruit a dynamic and highly motivated individual to fill the post of the Finance Manager.
Reporting to the Finance and Strategy Director, the jobholder will be responsible for the Authority’s finance management and accounting functions. The job holder will also implement sound financial policies and procedures and oversee cash-flow management.
• Organise and manage the Accounting Unit – direct, control and coordinate both routine and non-routine accountancy matters;
• Interpret and implement financial and accounting policies, budgeting,
management accounting methods and financial returns;
• Ensure that sound accounting policies and controls are applied to all
• Develop and implement depot financial reporting requirements;
• Compile in a timely manner KEMSA budgets, periodic reporting of
actuals and reporting of variance;
• Ensure periodic depot functional audits;
• Ensure accurate product costing;
• Supervise the credit control function; and
• Develop and supervise the finance and accounting staff.
• Be a holder of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Economics from a recognised university. A master’s degree is an added advantage;
• Possess a professional qualification – CPA/ ACCA or equivalent;
• Hold valid membership with a professional accounting body and be in good standing;
• Have not less than seven (7) years’ experience in a busy financial environment with at least four (4) years in a middle management level within a finance function preferably in health, supply chain management,
commercial or public sector;
• Have sound experience in financial and management reporting in accordance with IFRS/IAS; and
• Proficient in computerised accounting and ERP systems.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit the following documents:
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations; Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Latest Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Certified copy of duly completed First Schedule (S.13) Self Declaration form from Ethics and
Anti- Corruption Commission (EACC); and Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
How to Apply
If you believe you clearly meet the relevant criteria for the roles above, please submit your application, copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum vitae, including among other details of your current position, current and expected remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
To be considered, your application must be received by not later than 13 December 2019 addressed to the contact provided below. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Executive Selection Division Deloitte Consulting Limited
Deloitte Place, Waiyaki Way Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
For the full details about this position, and how to apply; kindly log onto our e-recruitment platform via https://www2.deloitte.com/ke/en/careers/executive-search-recruitment.html
Email or hard copy applications will not be accepted. All applications MUST be submitted through the e-recruitment portal to be considered.