House Keeping Supervisor Jobs In Kenya, Hotel Jobs, Jobs In Mombasa
Vacancy: House Keeping Supervisor
Unit: Tamarind Village
Job posting: 2-12-2019 – 10-12-2019
Starting date: Immediately
Who are we?
Founded in Mombasa in 1972, The Tamarind Group owns and operates some of the most successful restaurants and leisure operations in Africa.
The group focuses on its original mission of continually improving the quality and value of its services, developing an excellent morale among its employees and maintaining a superior level of social and environmental awareness.
The Tamarind Village, a luxurious collection of fully serviced apartments, is situated directly adjacent to Mombasa’s famous Tamarind Restaurant and overlooks the picturesque old town of Mombasa. Just 10 minutes from the city centre, this collection of elegant apartments blends age-old ambience with state-of-the-art business facilities, modern land and sea sports, and two world-famous restaurants- one overlooking the ocean, the other cruising its coastline aboard a majestic arab dhow.
We invite you to be part of our team by submitting your application to the following role based at Tamarind Village.
- Laundry: Supervise and control linen attendants and housekeeping stewards and ensure that all the apartments, common and back areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Apartment maintenance coordination: determine need for repairs or replacement of furniture or equipment.
- Requisition and stock take: Monitor and replenish cleaning products stock, prepare a list of purchases and establish minimum stock, re-order level, re-order quantities of all the goods.
- Quality management: Receiving deliveries of all housekeeping goods by checking: Quantity, quality, specifications and price.
- OSHA: Ensure there is compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Act.
- Record keeping: Record daily invoices/cash sales for all the goods received and post all the receipts for guest Laundry.
- Employee relations: Will be in charge of housekeeping stewards discipline, their off days and annual leave management
- Training and Development: Carry out all in house training for the House Keeping Stewards
* In addition to the above, the housekeeping supervisor may be given such other duties as the Village Manager/Housekeeping Manager or any other Manger and may deem necessary.
- Diploma from an accredited college or university in Hotel management or equivalent in the hotel industry with a minimum of 3 years experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skill
- Proficiency in computer (Word, Excel, Materials Control)
How To Apply
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the minimum requirements? Apply by sending an email with your CV and a convincing cover letter to email@example.com indicating HOUSEKEEPING SUPERVISOR – TAMARIND VILLAGE as your subject for your application to be successful.
The application deadline is 10th December 2019
Due to the high volume of applications received only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For any further questions about this vacancy, Visit our website at www.tamarind.co.ke. Please do not hesitate to contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org