Legal Jobs, Kenya Orient Insurance Jobs
JOB TITLE : Legal Assistant (Temporary)
DIVISION/DEPARTMENT : Claims
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR : Assistant Claims Manager-Legal
The position is responsible for controlling matters under litigation with external lawyers, all legal cases under their services, and out of court settlements and/or recoveries in liaison with the Legal Analysts.
• Assist in appointment of defense lawyers where action is brought against the company and
ensure at all times the advocates work in the best interest of the Company.
• Assist in recovery of company outlay from negligent third parties.
• Assist in negotiating amicably, out of court settlements.
• Review investigation reports, to ensure that they are comprehensive enough to meet the need
for which they were sought, and recommend remedial action as necessary
• Assist in processing of payments to claimants and service providers
• Assist in legal research and preparing legal opinions to both external and internal clients.
• With the assistance of Senior legal officer, respond to any correspondence and/or enquiries
regarding claims legal issues.
• Maintain adequate reserves for legal claims.
• Prepare legal documents as required.
• Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
• Bachelor of Law degree
• Post Graduate diploma in law/ Admitted to the Bar as an advocate of the High Court
• Cumulative 1 Year Work Experience in the Legal Field Awaiting/ Admitted to the Bar as an
advocate of the High Court
How to Apply
If you are interested in the position and have the required qualifications, skills and experience,
kindly Click Here and apply on or before Friday, December 13th 2019