NOT Getting Job Interviews? Get A Professional CV Today. Click Here For Details
ICT Jobs, Kentrade Jobs
(Grade KTNA 3)
Job Title: Manager IT & Infrastructure
Reports to: Director IT Infrastructure Innovations & Security
Purpose for the Job
To plan, organize and manage staff and overall operations to ensure stable operations of the KenTrade’s ICT infrastructure. This includes developing; maintaining, supporting and optimizing key functional areas particularly computing and storage infrastructure, network infrastructure, data and telecommunication system.
- Manage and establish priorities for maintenance, design, development and analysis of entire infrastructure systems inclusive of LANs, WANs, internet, security and wireless implementations;
- Define and manage the IT Disaster Recovery Structures for the organization;
- Ensure effective IT assets management inclusive of component inventory maintenance and associated documentation;
- Perform feasibility studies for different upgrade projects, conversions and improvements;
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network resource administration and appropriate use;
- Establish service level agreements with service providers;
- Prepare specifications for bid proposals, contracts, scope of work reports, and other documentation for IT and infrastructure projects and associated efforts;
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analysis for proposed IT and infrastructure to aid management in making implementation decisions;
- Manage and ensure optimal operation of all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, UPSs, servers e.t.c;
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, decision-makers, department heads, end user and contractors and vendors;
- Coaching and mentorship of junior members of the team;
- Undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the level of responsibility of this job role.
- Master’s degree in Information Sciences, Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Management or related from a recognized institution;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Sciences, Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or related from a recognized institution;
- Certification in CISA, ITIL, and Project Management Certification e.g. PRINCE2
- Leadership Course lasting not less than 4 weeks;
- Certificate in Computer Applications/ Proof of proficiency in computer applications;
- Membership of good standing to a relevant professional body;
- Relevant work experience of not less than nine (9) years, four (4) of which should be in a Management position;
- Meets provisions of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
How To Apply
Qualified and interested candidates are requested to submit their applications, curriculum vitae that contains details of qualifications, experience, copies of all certificates & relevant testimonials, email and telephone contacts including names, telephone and email contacts of three (3) referees who must be familiar with the candidates’ previous work experience.
In addition, interested candidates must specifically obtain and submit with their application, copies of the following documents;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations (CID)
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance form from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
- Clearance certificate from a Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Please note that applications without ALL the Chapter 6 requirements SHALL NOT be considered.
Applications should be addressed as detailed below and be sent by post, hand delivery or email so as to be received not later than December 23, 2019.
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenya Trade Network Agency
1st Floor, Embankment Plaza
Longonot Rd – Upperhill
P.O. Box 36943-00200
KenTrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer – women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.