Medical Jobs, Kakamega County Jobs
Pursuant to the Constitution of Kenya (2010) and the County Governments Act No. 17 of 2012, the County Government of Kakamega invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions:
A. DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SERVICES
Nursing Officer (Intern), Job Group CPSB 09 (30 Posts)
Basic Salary Scale: Kshs. 37,070 x 1,470 – 38,540 x 1,520 – 40,060 x 1,710 – 41,770 x 1,910 – 43,680 x 2,000 – 45,680 x 2,100 – 47,780 x 2,170 – 49,950 pm.
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will work under the guidance of a senior officer. Duties and responsibilities will entail:
- providing holistic care by carrying out risk identification and assessment of an individual throughout the lifespan;
- performing a comprehensive physical examination within various settings;
- assessing, formulating, planning and implementing evidence-based nursing care for client/patient;
- creating and maintaining a safe nursing care environment for client/patient;
- carrying out patient audits to improve client/patient care;
- collaborating and maintaining effective working relationships among interdisciplinary teams to support client/patient and their families;
- carrying out therapeutic communication with the patient/client;
- conducting community health risk assessment and providing outcome based interventions;
- documenting interventions and nursing outcomes;
- participating in quality improvement and quality assurance procedures; and
- diagnosing common health conditions and recommending necessary interventions
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree Nursing or Midwifery from a recognized institution;
- Registration Certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya;
- Valid practicing license from the Nursing Council of Kenya; and
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized
NOTE: APPLICANTS FOR THE ABOVE POSITIONS WILL BE REQUIRED TO GET CLEARANCE FROM THE FOLLOWING TO MEET REQUIREMENTS OF CHAPTER 6 OF THE CONSTITUTION OF KENYA 2010:-
- Criminal Investigation Department;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- For those with higher education certificates (degrees) from outside Kenya, a letter of recognition of qualifications from the Commission of University
Copies of these clearances MUST be attached to the applications.
How to Apply
All applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae, Academic and Professional Certificates, Testimonials, National Identity Card or Passport, and any other supporting documents. The positions applied for should be indicated on top of the envelope.
Kakamega County residents will be required to indicate their Sub-County and Ward of origin. Applications should be submitted to:
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 458-50100 KAKAMEGA
Hand delivered applications can be submitted at the County Public Service Board’s Reception located at
Former Provincial Headquarters, Block ‘B’ 2nd Floor.
All applications should reach this office on or before 20th December, 2019
County Government of Kakamega is an equal opportunity employer. Female Candidates and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.