Other Professions, CSS Jobs
Title: Operations Officer – Distribution Company
Salary: 70K – 85K
Our client is a medium-sized company based in Nairobi that imports and distributes a wide range of pesticides to farmers and farms in Kenya. They seek to hire an efficient and competent Operations Officer tasked with ensuring the smooth running of the organization to meet the company’s targets and objectives.
To ensure efficient performance of all departments in the company by acting as a facilitator to the employees in order to realize the goals of the organization by managing purchases and supplies, delivery logistics, repackaging and automobiles, and equipment.
- Support the development and implementation of operational systems, processes and policies in support of the business including reporting, information flow, and management, business processes and planning.
- Daily running of operations and people management
- Fleet management and quality control including maintenance of vehicles
- Fleet performance and oversight
- Take part in the review and management of budgets
- Manage relationships with 3rd party service providers
- Co-ordination and management of field staff and activities
- Oversee custom clearance for imported products
- Ensure logistics team follows stock control policies and processes
- Assist in the development and implementation of a business strategy so that both execution and KPIs are effectively managed and well accomplished.
- Continuously evaluating operational processes to enhance the efficiency and quality of deliverables
- Ensure the effective monitoring, control, and support of service delivery, ensuring best practice systems, methodologies and procedures are followed by the teams
- A Degree in a business-related field
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in operations preferably in the retail industry
- Demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and honesty.
- Past experience in operations management in a busy SME.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player with strong organizational and coordination skills; able to effectively establish optimal work schedules
- Analytical, factual, and ability to look at situations from several points of view.
- Able to drive initiatives and implement best practices in operations management
- Valid driving license and ability to drive long distances in case of need.
- Preferred candidates will be between 29 – 32 years
How to Apply