JOB GRADE – C3 (1 Post)
The job holder is responsible for taking lead in developing and communicating the Authority’s strategy as well as monitoring the implementation progress.
- Plan and formulate the Authority’s development and resource mobilization strategies;
- Draft the Authority’s strategic plan, coordinate its review and communicate to the various units.
- Develop the relevant implementation tool (e.g. annual operation plan) in consultation with all other departments.
- Continuously track the strategic plan implementation and report progress to senior management
- Convene senior management forums on strategy development, implementation and review
- Analyze data collected during these activities and avail the information for decision making.
- Participate in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Supervise, mentor and coach staff below
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics/Statistics/Mathematics/Planning
- Masters’ Degree in a relevant field is an added advantage.
- Diploma in Project management
- Four (4) weeks training on Senior Management Course in a Government Training Institution.
- Four (4) years’ relevant work experience with at least one (1) year in a supervisory role
- Institute for Economic Affairs Membership
Key competencies and skills
- Computer Applications skills.
- Data analysis and planning software skills
- High integrity level
- Communication skill
- Interpersonal skills
- Attention to details
- Leadership skills
- Results orientated
In fulfilling the Chapter Six requirements, the applicants MUST attach clearance certificates from the following bodies:-
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) and
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
How To Apply
If you believe you meet the criteria for the position above, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and a detailed Curriculum Vitae, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees in sealed envelope clearly marked with job title to the or send by email to the address below on or before 23rd December 2019 to:
Chief Executive Officer
National Biosafety Authority
Pest control Products Board (PCPB) building Loresho- Off Waiyaki way
P.O Box 28251 – 00100 – NAIROBI
NBA is an equal opportunity employer; women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and they will be required to present valid clearance certificates as stipulated in Chapter Six of the Constitution.