Medical Jobs, Kakamega County Jobs
Pursuant to the Constitution of Kenya (2010) and the County Governments Act No. 17 of 2012, the County Government of Kakamega invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions:
A. DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SERVICES
Position: Senior Registered Clinical Officer (Anesthetist) Job Group CPSB 08 (8 Posts)
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh. 41,770 x 1,910 – 43,680 x 2,000 – 45,680 x 2,100 – 47,780 x 2,170 – 49,950 x
2,550 – 52,500 x 2,650 – 55,150 x 2,750 – 57,900 p.m.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will include;
- offering specialized Clinical Services in Anesthesia; Administering anesthetic or sedation during medical procedures;
- coordinating administration of anesthetics with surgeons during operation;
- scheduling and maintaining use of surgical suite, including operating, wash-up, waiting rooms and anesthetic and sterilizing equipment;
- providing and maintaining life support and airway management, and helping prepare patients for emergency surgery;
- positioning patients on operating table, ordering laboratory tests, x-rays and other diagnostic procedures, managing anesthesiology services, coordinating them with other medical activities and formulating plans and procedures;
- recording type and amount of anesthesia and patient condition throughout procedure, monitoring patient before, during, and after anesthesia and counteracting adverse reactions or complications;
- examining patients, obtaining medical history and using diagnostic tests to determine risk during surgical, obstetrical, and other medical procedures
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery or Clinical Medicine and Community Health from a recognized institution;
- Higher Diploma in Anesthesia from a recognized institution;
- Certificate of Registration from the Clinical Officers’ Council;
- Valid practicing license from the Clinical Officers’ Council; and
- Have Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized
Terms of Service: Three (3) years Renewable Contract based on agreed performance levels
NOTE: APPLICANTS FOR THE ABOVE POSITIONS WILL BE REQUIRED TO GET CLEARANCE FROM THE FOLLOWING TO MEET REQUIREMENTS OF CHAPTER 6 OF THE CONSTITUTION OF KENYA 2010:-
- Criminal Investigation Department;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- For those with higher education certificates (degrees) from outside Kenya, a letter of recognition of qualifications from the Commission of University
Copies of these clearances MUST be attached to the applications.
How to Apply
All applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae, Academic and Professional Certificates, Testimonials, National Identity Card or Passport, and any other supporting documents. The positions applied for should be indicated on top of the envelope.
Kakamega County residents will be required to indicate their Sub-County and Ward of origin. Applications should be submitted to:
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 458-50100 KAKAMEGA
Hand delivered applications can be submitted at the County Public Service Board’s Reception located at
Former Provincial Headquarters, Block ‘B’ 2nd Floor.
All applications should reach this office on or before 20th December, 2019
County Government of Kakamega is an equal opportunity employer. Female Candidates and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.