Medical Jobs, Kakamega County Jobs
Pursuant to the Constitution of Kenya (2010) and the County Governments Act No. 17 of 2012, the County Government of Kakamega invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions:
A. DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SERVICES
Senior Registered Nurse (Specialists), Job Group CPSB 08 (15 Posts) – (5 Oncologists, 5 Reproductive Health, 2 Pediatrics and 3 Critical Care)
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh. 41,770 x 1,910 – 43,680 x 2,000 – 45,680 x 2,100 – 47,780 x 2,170 – 49,950 x
2,550 – 52,500 x 2,650 – 55,150 x 2,750 – 57,900 p.m.
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre. Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
- assessing, planning, implementing nursing interventions and evaluating patient’s outcomes;
- providing appropriate health care services including integrated Management of Childhood illnesses (IMCI), immunization, PMTCT, ante-natal care and delivery, providing health education and counselling to patients/clients and community on identified health needs;
- referring patients and clients appropriately;
- facilitating patients’ admission and initiating discharge plans;
- maintaining records on patients/clients health condition and care;
- ensuring a tidy and safe clinical environment; and collecting and compiling data; and
- Providing specialized care as per specialization
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
- Diploma in any of the following disciplines: Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing, Kenya Registered Nursing, Kenya Registered Midwifery, Kenya Registered Nursing/Midwifery or Kenya Registered Nursing/Mental Health and Psychiatry from a recognized institution;
- Higher Diploma in Oncology, Pediatrics, Reproductive Health, Critical Care from a recognized institution;
- Registration Certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya;
- Valid practicing license from Nursing Council of Kenya; and
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized
Terms of Service: Three (3) years Renewable Contract based on agreed performance levels.
NOTE: APPLICANTS FOR THE ABOVE POSITIONS WILL BE REQUIRED TO GET CLEARANCE FROM THE FOLLOWING TO MEET REQUIREMENTS OF CHAPTER 6 OF THE CONSTITUTION OF KENYA 2010:-
- Criminal Investigation Department;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- For those with higher education certificates (degrees) from outside Kenya, a letter of recognition of qualifications from the Commission of University
Copies of these clearances MUST be attached to the applications.
How to Apply
All applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae, Academic and Professional Certificates, Testimonials, National Identity Card or Passport, and any other supporting documents. The positions applied for should be indicated on top of the envelope.
Kakamega County residents will be required to indicate their Sub-County and Ward of origin. Applications should be submitted to:
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 458-50100 KAKAMEGA
Hand delivered applications can be submitted at the County Public Service Board’s Reception located at
Former Provincial Headquarters, Block ‘B’ 2nd Floor.
All applications should reach this office on or before 20th December, 2019
County Government of Kakamega is an equal opportunity employer. Female Candidates and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.