ICT Jobs, Kentrade Jobs
(Grade KTNA 7)
Job Title: System Administrator
Reports to: Assistant Manager Infrastructure and Service Management
Purpose for the Job
The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for installation / configuration, operationalization, maintenance, performance, security and availability of systems hardware, software and related application components. The role involves the design, implementation and maintenance of systems as well as providing 24/7 support to users, partner agencies and clients.
- Creating user profiles, passwords and grant access rights to staff;
- Analyzing system logs to identify potential issues for resolution;
- Troubleshooting any reported system problems;
- Responsible for system performance monitoring and tuning;
- Installation, configuration and optimization of operating systems;
- Applying OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities;
- Developing, testing, documenting, implementing and enhancing of backup and recovery procedures as well as application of change-management procedures and activities;
- Designing, setup and configuring of complex Multi-Server environments;
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for all implemented systems;
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks;
- Undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the level of responsibility of this job role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field from a recognized institution;
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Architect (MCSA) or Microsoft Certified IT Professional Certification
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in system administration will be an added advantage;
- Certificate in Computer Applications/ Proof of proficiency in computer applications;
- Meets provision of chapter six of the Constitution
How To Apply
Qualified and interested candidates are requested to submit their applications, curriculum vitae that contains details of qualifications, experience, copies of all certificates & relevant testimonials, email and telephone contacts including names, telephone and email contacts of three (3) referees who must be familiar with the candidates’ previous work experience.
In addition, interested candidates must specifically obtain and submit with their application, copies of the following documents;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations (CID)
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance form from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
- Clearance certificate from a Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Please note that applications without ALL the Chapter 6 requirements SHALL NOT be considered.
Applications should be addressed as detailed below and be sent by post, hand delivery or email so as to be received not later than December 23, 2019.
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenya Trade Network Agency
1st Floor, Embankment Plaza
Longonot Rd – Upperhill
P.O. Box 36943-00200
KenTrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer – women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.