NGO Jobs, ILRI Jobs
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a Transport Officer II to ensuring constant and proactive service delivery is provided to all customers in line with the ILRI Transport Management Policy.
ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org
- Supervise drivers, transport assistant and vehicle cleaner by providing leadership support to them.
- Organize and prepare the 4wd booking list and field trip roster for drivers to ensure fair distribution of the work.
- Oversee the coordination of driver’s routine daily errands to ensure smooth flow of transport service.
- Ensure Driving License, inspection stickers and insurance are always valid and displayed as per the policy.
- Ensure that TAs are accurately filled by the drivers and approved before going on field trips and that liquidations / surrenders are done within a reasonable time after the trip.
- Verify and approve driver’s overtime through the OCS System and recommend action to the supervisor/s as appropriate.
- Ensure that accident reports and documentation is correctly filled out; submit the reports to the Insurance Company and follow-up on claims to completion for both pool/project vehicles.
- Receive defect/check list reports from driver’s and advise the senior team on service/repair needs and facilitate the process of taking the vehicles to garage and do a follow and ensure they are back to the pool within a reasonable time.
- Oversee preparation of fuel/ vehicle recharge reports through the OCS System and do a follow up with Finance to ensure the amount is credited in the transport account.
- Carry two coaching sessions to assess abilities, skills, concerns, strengths, weaknesses and negotiate measurable performance target levels for the supervised team. At the end of every year, carryout performance evaluation for the drivers, transport assistant and vehicle cleaner.
- Monitoring the service providers to ensure that they provide efficient services and maintain good standards of the vehicles and do follow up on the renewal of their contracts oversee the payment of their invoices.
- Replenish both pool/project vehicles fuel cards through Total Kenya to ensure the card always has enough fuel.
- Support change management at ILRI Transport Unit and Carry out other duties as may be allocated by the Senior Logistics and Stores Officer.
- Degree in Business Administration or related field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position preferably from a Diplomatic organization.
- Valid Driving Licence will have added advantage.
- Proficient in MS Office Applications.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communicator in both written and spoken English.
- Experience in customer service soft skills.
- Innovative and analytical skills.
- Good intuition to make crucial judgements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Terms of Appointment
This position is at job level HG 14 and open to Kenyan nationals only. The position is a 3-year contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funding. ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; pension, medical and other insurances
How to apply: Applicants should send a cover letter and CV explaining their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development by clicking on the “Apply Now” tab above before 12 December 2019. The position title and reference number REF: TO/CS/11/2019 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
To find out more about ILRI visit our websites at http://www.ilri.org
To find out more about working at ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org/ilricrowd/
ILRI is an equal opportunity employer