Urosurgeon Jobs, Medical Jobs In Kenya, KUTRRH Jobs
The Hospital is equipped with state of the art equipment and technology to offer highly specialized services in various disciplines and is seeking to engage medical consultants. The candidates sought are expected to be highly transformative and dynamic, self-driven individuals with a high degree of integrity, result oriented, demonstrable professionalism, competence and impeccable capability.
The main duties and responsibilities of the consultants will be to:
- Reviewing patients and instructing in writing and ensuring all the recommendations are carried out.
- Undertaking on call duties including clerking, investigating and managing patients.
- Conducting ward rounds, clinics and theatre days as scheduled/directed.
- Conduct medical research
- Training, supervising and mentoring Clinical Officers, Medical Officers, Medical Interns and other students.
- Providing anaesthesia for elective and emergency surgeries/procedures (For Anaesthesiologists)
- Undertaking medico-legal duties including filling of P.3 forms and court attendance.
- Undertaking medical examinations and preparing Medical Reports.
- Participating in community outreach duties including care and treatment.
- Ensuring data and information is collected, transmitted and utilized to the benefit of the customer and service provider.
- Conducting disease surveillance, prevention and control.
- Carrying out health education and promotion.
- Refer patients to other medical specialists for further diagnosis of complex or unclear disorder or disease within the hospital.
- Establish plan of care for patients, centered on slowing the progress of their disease or disorder, and incorporate diet and lifestyle changes, as well as monitored medications within or without the hospital.
- Any other duties as directed by the Head of the Department.
Minimum level of academic qualifications required
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery from a recognized institution
- Master of Medicine in one of the stated specialized discipline from a recognized institution
Professional qualifications and Compliance required
- Registration with the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council
- Valid Practice License
- Professional Insurance Indemnity Cover
- Specialist Recognition
Minimum level of knowledge required
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of relevant legislations
- Knowledge of professional standards
- Proven track record of medical research and training
Soft skills required
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Leadership skills
- Observation skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure
Relevant Work Experience Required
- The job holder is required to have minimum two years working experience as a medical consultant/ specialist in a reputable hospital
How To Apply
If your background and competencies match the specifications of any of the posts above, please apply online via www.kutrrh.go.ke/careersportal or send hard copies of your Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Filled Application Form addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O. Box 7674 – 00100 GPO
For all applications please indicate the subject as follows: –
JOB APPLICATION – [JOB/ CADRE REFERENCE NUMBER]
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is Tuesday 31st December 2019.
Persons living with Disability, Women, Youth, persons from minority and/ or marginalized groups who meet the requirements of the advertised positions are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
All shortlisted candidates MUST fulfil the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, and will be required to produce the following documents;
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (for graduates only)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the KRA
- Clearance from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
- A Clearance Certificate from an approved Credit Reference Bureau
Please take note that all communication to potential candidates is specifically through the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that any form of canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.
KUTRRH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER