Accountant Jobs, Accounting Jobs In Kenya, Corporate Staffing Jobs
Position: Accountant – Hospitality,
Salary: 25k-30k (Inclusive of meals and accommodation)
Our Client is a medium sized hotel based in Lamu. They seek to hire an experienced efficient Accountant who will be tasked with the day to day accounts of the business and ensuring the company’s compliance with accounting standards and practices.
- Review documents and transactions in the organization to ascertain compliance, accuracy, relevance, and reasonableness of the transactions.
- Prepare and submit financial reports including weekly, monthly operating reports, financial statements, audit reports, inventory, and capital purchases.
- Ensure the transparency and efficiency of the organizations financial operations and to safeguard compliance with reporting guidelines.
- Maintain data integrity of financial records including the General and subsidiary ledgers.
- Ensure all financial transactions are properly and timely updated and recorded.
- Analyze and interpret financial data and recommend changes to improve systems, Processes and financial performance.
- Review accounting, account analysis and reconciliation (banks, cash, Receivables, and payables).
- Ensure statutory payments are completed and made on time (NHIF, PAYE, and NSSF), administering VAT and processing returns.
- Update financial records by reviewing and posting various General ledger journal entries with recent transactions and changes.
- Manage the preparation of all management reports
- Ensure timely and professional communication between the Accounting department and internal and external customers.
- Any other duty as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or a related field of study.
- CPA II or an equivalent certification.
- At least 2 years’ experience as an accountant.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, knowledge and experience in using Accounting Software packages – QuickBooks
- A team player with excellent communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail is required.
- Willing to relocate to Lamu.
- Integrity is key
How to Apply
Click here to apply
MUST READ >>> How To Make Your Job Search Successful This Year