Accountant Jobs, Accounting Jobs In Kenya, SHOFCO Jobs
Shining Hope For Communities (SHOFCO) is a grassroots organization that unlocks the potential of urban slum dwellers to lead hopeful and fulfilling lives. SHOFCO disrupts survival mode by providing critical services including health care, clean water, education, and economic empowerment; and links these efforts to a community-led advocacy platform. SHOFCO is a rapidly-growing organization that currently impacts over 300,000 people across 9 urban slums in Kenya. Over the next 5-10 years, SHOFCO aims to become a national platform for urban slum transformation across Kenya, demonstrating a scalable and replicable model that can be used around the world. For more information, please visit www.shofco.org.
We are seeking to recruit a competent, dynamic and result oriented individual to fill the position of an accountant.
- Preparation of cheque payments
- Initiating MPESA payments transactions for Instant Loan
- Standing Orders, MPESA receipts, direct deposits and walk-in customers.
- Cheque payments
- Bank account reconciliation
- Members personal accounts reconciliation to correct mis-postings and erroneous deductions
- Handling customers’ account queries, i.e. walk-in, emails, telephone calls
- Daily reconciliation of customers deposit account balances
- Updating members’ information change in the system
- Holder of CPA (II) or ACCA or Business-related degree or its equivalent from a recognized university.
- Diploma in Co-operative Management will be an added advantage.
- Minimum three year’s’ experience.
- Have a demonstrated high financial management capability and investment.
- Good IT skills and proficient in Microsoft office suite.
- Strong analytical, financial reporting, and presentation skills with the ability to present complex issues clearly and concisely.
- Establishing rapport
- Valuing individuals
- Inviting feedback
- Understanding people
How to Apply
Please submit your application by email ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job
title as subject line on or before January 31, 2020. Due to the high number of expected applicants, only
shortlisted candidates will be contacted