Assistant Internal Auditor Jobs, Audit Jobs In Kenya, Pacis Insurance Jobs
Position: Assistant Internal Auditor
Duration: One-year contract that is renewable based on performance
Pacis Insurance Company Ltd wishes to appoint an assistant internal auditor to the internal audit department. The Assistant Internal Auditor will be a committed professional who will report directly to the internal audit manager and will be expected to contribute to the successful delivery of the annual plan of internal audit department activities.
The candidate will be expected to operate in a team environment whilst at the same time be assigned responsibility for specific assignments. The ability to communicate effectively is an essential requirement for this post and strong report writing skills are required. The candidate should possess excellent interpersonal skills; be self-motivated and capable of working on their own initiative. The successful candidate will display a high level of professionalism and sound judgement and possess the confidence and ability to influence people and work at all levels in the organisation. An awareness of emerging issues with the ability to adapt to the changing operating environment of the industry and provide advice, guidance and innovative solutions where required will be necessary.
- Delivery from planning to completion of the Internal Audit Plan as set out by the Internal Audit department.
- Updating the status of the previous internal and external audit findings on a quarterly basis, auditing resolved issues and preparing the quarterly status report for review by the internal audit manager.
- Conducting audit work as directed by the internal auditor in line with the Internal Audit Plan.
- Presentation of clear, concise and timely working papers in line with International Internal Auditing Standards for review by the internal auditor.
- The timely delivery of professional written draft reports and practical value-added recommendations on issues arising during audit work.
- Drive a policy of best practice with a focus on continuous improvement and awareness across the organisation with respect to internal control, risk and corporate governance.
- Develop and maintain productive business relationships across all departments and functions in the organisation.
- Examine and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of information systems and business controls.
- Compare and contrast organisation controls with regulatory requirements and generally expected internal controls.
- Verify compliance with all the relevant legislation and regulatory requirement.
- Develop professional capability through on the job and internal and external training
- Perform special audit-related projects as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time.
Key Performance Measures
- Execution of audit plan
- Rate of clearance of issues
- Timely reports
- Bachelor’s degree in a business relevant field from accredited university
- CPA (K)
- Certified Information Systems Analyst (CISA)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of working in an audit environment
- Excellent technical audit and accounting skills.
- Have great attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively at all levels.
- Ability to present adequate working papers to enable the Internal Auditor to assess work done and matters to be reported.
- Act in a professional and ethical manner at all times including observing the confidential and independent nature of Internal Audit’s work.
- A positive and flexible can-do attitude and self-starting ability with the aptitude to take ownership of projects as required and see them through to completion.
- Highly organised with strong organisation and planning skills, ability to prioritise tasks and deliver assigned audits in line with the audit plan.
- Excellent IT skills.
How to Apply
Applications with a detailed CV, indicating your telephone contacts with names and addresses of three referees should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 24th January 2020.