Brand Manager Jobs, Janta Kenya
Our client in Dairy Industry is seeking to recruit a competent Brand Manager urgently
To manage the development and implementation of the consumer brands through developing communication and promotion strategies followed by effective operational execution plans of these strategies. The Brand Manager is responsible for protecting, growing and building the brands by managing the demand for the brands so as to achieve budgeted volume, market share and profit objectives. The jobholder will also be responsible for developing and effectively implementing marketing activities for the brands and driving the harmonization of brand position in East Africa.
- Manage the development, tracking/measuring and completion of brand plans – strategic and operational plans, annual performance review, budget plan, research plans, activity cycle plans and activity plans.\
- Initiate brand innovations to improve brand image attributes amongst customers.
- Engagement with key Distributors, wholesalers and direct customers to ensure delivery on brand initiatives and drive the creative processes for our brands together with Trade Marketing department.
- Develop and manage initiatives to improve processes, practices and methods to reduce complexity and enhance speed to market as well as consumer benefits.
- Monitoring brand availability and sales, and being proactive on factors affecting the brand sales and market share performance.
- Provide relevant information in a timely manner to support effective and efficient decision making.
- Management of A&P Budgets to ensure spends in line with strategic direction to enable brand growth.
- Managing and monitoring the Marketing activity calendar.
- Advertising agency and other supplier liaison and management.
- Planning and implementing brand media strategy.
- Recommending, planning and coordinating brand PR activities likely to enhance the brands sales and image in the short and long term.
- Liaising with Sales Department on brand performance delivery.
- Liaising with Manufacturing and Sales on S&OP management.
- Analyzing market research data, including secondary research and taking corrective action for enhancement of brand strategies.
- Interacting with the Regional Brand liaisons and giving updates on implementation of brand strategic plans.
- Monitoring competitor activities affecting the brand and taking appropriate corrective action.
- Monitoring, evaluating and recommending brand packaging, updating including pack and range extensions, and following through to implementation by liaising with the Marketing Manager.
- Continuously monitoring brand costs and profitability and recommending areas of improvement.
- Preparing monthly brand expenditure and variance reports to control budgeted expenditure.
- Carrying out market intelligence through regular trade visits and utilizing this to enhance brand activities.
- Liaising with Procurement to source promotional and packaging material for brand promotion activations.
Key Performance Indicators
- Appropriate brand health measures as set out in the monthly Brand Health Tracker research tool.
- Brand A&P budget as per annual plan.
- Brand profitability.
- Brand volume and market share.
- The timely execution of marketing plans.
- A graduate preferably in Marketing and Economics.
- A minimum of 5-8 years marketing experience preferable in DAIRY/FOOD& BEVERAGE Industry including experience working in cross-functional sales, trade and brand marketing teams.
- THOROUGH KNOWLEDGE AND APPLICATION EXPERIENCE in brand strategy development, brand planning, program development, product development and customer engagement.
- Marketing management experience.
- Experience in the development and execution of advertising strategies.
- Digital and social media marketing experience would be an added advantage.
- Member of the Kenya Institute of Marketing or CIM will add value.
How To Apply
If qualified, kindly send your CV to :firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 17th January 2020 clearly indicating ‘BRAND MANAGER’ on the subject line.