Category Development Manager Jobs, Sales & Marketing Jobs In Kenya, HRBP Solutions Jobs
- To manage the development and implementation of the categories and respective brands through developing all rounded commercial category and brands strategies followed by effective operational execution plans of these strategies.
- The jobholder Manager is responsible for protecting, growing and building the assigned categories by managing the demand for the respective brands so as to achieve budgeted volume, value, market share and profit objectives.
- The jobholder will also be responsible for developing and effectively implementing marketing initiatives for the categories and driving the harmonization of brand position in East Africa.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the Category Development Manager’s key focus areas include:
- Manage the development, tracking/measuring and completion of commercial category and brand plans – strategic and operational plans, annual and monthly performance review, budget plan, research plans, activity cycle plans and all related activity plans aligned to the business plans.
- Champion brand innovations to improve brand image attributes amongst customers.
- Engagement with key Distributors, wholesalers and direct customers to ensure delivery on category and brand initiatives and drive the creative processes for our brands together with Sales and Trade Marketing department.
- Develop and manage initiatives to improve processes, practices and methods to reduce complexity and enhance speed to market as well as consumer benefits.
- Monitoring brand availability and sales, and being proactive on factors affecting the brand sales and market share performance.
- Provide relevant information in a timely manner to support effective and efficient decision making.
- Development and management of A&P Budgets to ensure spend in line with strategic direction to enable category and brand growth.
- Managing and monitoring the category Marketing initiatives calendar to ensure excellent effective, efficient On time and in full delivery.
- Planning and implementing wholistic category media strategy.
- Advertising, media, Digital, below the line agencies and other supplier liaison and management.
- Recommending, planning and coordinating brand PR activities likely to enhance the category and brand sales and image in the short and long term.
- Alignment and liaison with Sales Department on brand performance delivery.
- Liasing and active engagement with Manufacturing and Sales on S&OP management.
- Analyzing market research data, including secondary research and taking corrective action for enhancement of category strategies.
- Interacting with the Regional /global category and brand liaisons and giving updates on implementation of brand strategic plans.
- Monitoring competitor activities affecting the categories and respective brands while taking appropriate corrective actions.
- Champion New Product innovations by monitoring, evaluating and recommending category innovations, brand packaging, updating including pack and range extensions, and following through to implementation by liaising with the Head of Marketing and NPD process stakeholders.
- Continuously monitoring category and brand costs and profitability and recommending areas of improvement.
- Preparing monthly category and brand expenditure and variance reports to control budgeted expenditure.
- Carrying out market intelligence through regular trade visits and utilizing this to enhance category commercial initiatives and delivery.
- Liaising with Procurement to source promotional and packaging material for category and brand initiatives per approved commercial brand plans.
OTHER VITAL QUALITIES
- Strong business acumen and all rounded commercial understanding across P&L, category and brand, trade channels and sales, coupled with understanding of interaction with support functions: production, procurement and finance.
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to inspire and motivate business wide stakeholders.
- Proactive, strong in providing solutions, results oriented, highly innovative with high drive and positive energy.
- Strong in analytical skills coupled with strong presentation skills, a good negotiator and decision maker.
- A mature team player, strong stakeholder engagement skills, passionate about driving category growth and working hands-on in the field in direct contact with consumers and customers.
- Ability to work in an established team with a high level of initiative and interpersonal skill.
- An excellent communicator with high verbal abilities, both written and oral.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Appropriate brand health measures as set out in the monthly Brand Health Tracker research tool and business plan.
- Brand A&P budget as per annual plan.
- Brand profitability.
- Brand volume and market share.
- On time in full, efficient and effective execution of marketing plans to deliver
- A graduate preferably marketing and economics.
- A minimum of 6-8 years wider commercial experience including Marketing, trade marketing or sales, preferable in an FMCG multinational or large Company including experience working in cross-functional sales, trade and brand marketing teams.
- THOROUGH KNOWLEDGE AND APPLICATION EXPERIENCE in category and brand strategy development, brand planning, program development, new product development and customer engagement.
- Marketing management experience.
- Experience in the development and execution of advertising strategies.
- Digital and social media marketing experience
- Member of the Kenya Institute of Marketing or CIM will add value.
How to Apply
Send your cv email@example.com