Catering Operations Manager Jobs, Other Professions, Kenya Airways Jobs
Manager.Catering Operations – (19000055)
Primary Location: Kenya-Nairobi-Nairobi
Work Locations: Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
Schedule : Full-time
Shift: Regular/Non-Shift Job
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Standard
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Undertake the operation, evaluation and development of the catering processes by matching product, equipment and supplies for greater customer satisfaction and cost effectiveness.
- Develop and update on a bi-annual basis all Catering Loading Standards including Equipment, Bar, Dry Stores, Linen, Blankets, Headsets, Reading Materials and other Amenities
- Ensure all safety and security guidelines and regulations are observed and incorporated in all assigned areas and stations
- Review and update Catering Standards Galley Plans and Operations Manuals
- Analyze consumption reports from Supply Chain and match to loading standards for waste reduction and efficiencies
- Monitor product quality and specifications from all outstations catering stations
- Liaise with outstation managers to ensure sure timely dispatch of flights and compliance to KQ catering specifications by all assigned Catering Units
- Monitor over catering out of outstations, match as closely as possible to no show indices
- Ensure compliance to catering audits and meals selections in outstations and ensure high hygiene standard are adhered to.
- Continually evaluate the KQ product to determine how well the product and services meet customer needs
- Follow up on CSI results, voyage reports and prepare quarterly reports for analysis purposes.
- Lead team in customer experience projects and ensure deadlines are met on all related projects.
- Participate in any assigned project or related committees on behalf of the catering team.
- Constantly evaluate and appraise outstation catering suppliers’ performance to ensure high performance level in the catering product.
- Drive assigned projects and monitor savings, improvement through Smart initiatives and KQ best practices to support the departments objectives.
- Ensure follow-up on timely supply of catering equipment and supplies to all assigned catering stations. Follow-up on the extra stocks and action as per Service Level Agreements (SLAs) guidelines
- Computer proficiency.
- Degree in Food and Beverage or related field.
- Good communication skills.
- Organizational and analytical skills.
- Experience of more than 5 years in airline catering.
- Good knowledge of Catering product and development cycle.
- HACCP or Food Safety knowledge.
- Lead Auditor.
- Proactive, creative and innovative.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strategic thinker and financial background.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Unquestionable integrity and ethics.
- Team leader and player.
How to Apply