Chief Manager Jobs, IT Jobs In Kenya, KRA Jobs
Position: Chief Manger, ICT Infrastructure
The Chief Manager, IT Infrastructure as the head of IT Infrastructure Section in ICT Division. The overall responsibility for this position include following functions:
- Data Centre Management;
- System and Database Management;
- Infrastructure Management, Design, and Planning;
- IT Service Continuity, Availability, Capacity Planning and Service Monitoring
- Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans deliver network capacity needed to meet existing and future KRA IT infrastructure requirements.
- Develops, implements, maintains policies, procedures, standards and associated training plans for network resource administration and appropriate use.
- Responsible for strategic planning, design and deployment IT infrastructure and networks with support from vendors
- Plans, acquires, and coordinates installation of in-house and remote hardware and software tools across the organization’s network and approves all upgrades.
- Spearhead selection and implementation of suitable and cost effective technology solutions for use in KRA
- Conduct research and make recommendations on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of infrastructure procurement and implementation in a cost effective manner
- Manages and ensures optimal operation of all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, UPSs, load balancers, security installations, VOIP, IP telephony
- Responsible for Corporate Data Centre(s) including recovery sites and data security
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus solutions, and intrusion detection systems.
- Tests networks & servers performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining network infrastructure
- Responsible for system and database administration for all business systems
- Provides leadership in the development, testing and support of the enterprise risk management program for business continuity and disaster recovery
- Conducts IT infrastructure capacity planning, hardware and data centre equipment replacement strategy, service availability and monitoring.
- Serves as a liaison person between the Authority, regulatory authorities/agencies and service providers on IT infrastructure and data networks aspects
- Documents and maintains IT infrastructure assets inventory
- Manages day-to-day operations of the IT Infrastructure Section to ensure effective technical support, target setting and performance management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications or any other IT related field.
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems or related Postgraduate degree will be an added advantage.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional or Cisco Certified Internet Engineer
- Certified Data Centre Professional
- Oracle Certified Administrator
- Red Hat/Unix/Linux Certified Systems Administrator
- Microsoft certifications; Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- The post holder should have at least 7 years progressive experience in the IT environment, with at least 3 years’ experience at managerial level in large organisation
- Extensive experience in Network, Data Centre and Database Management designs
- Excellent knowledge of current protocols and standards, including Active Directory, Group Policies, Core Switching/Routing, SSL/IPSec, SAN, Virtualization, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, databases.
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting hardware such as servers, routers, switches, modems, network interface cards, databases and installing network cabling and telephony systems
- Conversant with programming languages such as Python, .Net, PHP.
- Knowledge in budgeting and cost management
- Be performance driven
- Demonstrate capacity in handling demanding leadership and management roles
- Honest and of high integrity
- Be resilient, focused, results oriented and a team player
- Good understanding of the KRA’s goals and objectives.
- Have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Have ability to pay attention to details and work under minimum supervision and for long hours
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong abilities to conduct research affecting business and propose suitable solutions/products
- Ability to prioritize and proactively execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language
- Have good negotiation skills
How to Apply