Chief Manager Jobs, IT Jobs In Kenya, KRA Jobs
Position: Chief manager
The Chief Manager, Service Management as the head of IT Service Management Section of ICT Division, is responsible for the following functions.
- Overall management of the 1st level support (ICT Service / Help Desk) and 2nd second level support and problem management for end users in all KRA stations;
- Responsible for end user devices, productivity tools, inventory and support
- Focal point for all end user computing needs
- Strategies and procedures necessary to effectively support the Authority’s corporate objectives with respect to end user compute requirements and productivity tools
- Responsible for strategic planning, design and deployment of end user computing tools and equipment across all KRA Offices
- Conducts research on the level of usage, means of increasing usage on productivity tools, advises management on suitable inexpensive tools for use in the Authority
- Performs cost-benefit and return on investment analysis on productivity tools investments and advises management on suitable solutions
- Assesses, approves, and administers all equipment, hardware, and software upgrades
- Ensures implementation of IT best practices and KPIs for user support
- Negotiates with service providers on favourable pricing to ensure maximum return on investments
- Implements cost reduction strategies including leasing options as well as implementation of shared services
- Ensure efficient ICT support to business operations in the outstations, in close liaison with other ICT Sections
- Documents and maintains end user compute assets inventory and supporting documentation
- Develops operational budgets for Service Management Section
- Advices DC ICT on technical aspects pertaining to optimal utilisation of resources, cost reduction strategies and better service delivery on end user ICT services
- Manages day-to-day operations of the IT Infrastructure Section to ensure effective technical support, target setting and performance management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications or any other IT related field.
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems or related Postgraduate degree will be an added advantage.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional / Associate
- Microsoft certifications; Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), Microsoft Certified Solution Associate (MCSA), Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MSSD)
- Red Hat/Unix/Linux Certified Systems Administrator
- The post holder should have at least 7 years progressive experience in the IT environment, with at least 3 year’s experience at managerial level in large organisation
- Good understanding leasing frameworks and pricing strategies
- Excellent knowledge in Active Directory, Group Policies, centralised services for printing, document sharing and controls, implementation and administration of VDI
- Hands-on experience and troubleshooting and problem solving on end user tools, networks and other services accessible through the corporate network
- Knowledge in protecting user data and information in line with applicable local laws/regulations including known external data privacy practices
- Experience in supporting IP telephony systems will be added advantage.
- Conversant with programming Microsoft based programming and macros
- Knowledge in budgeting and cost management
- Be performance driven
- Demonstrate capacity in handling demanding leadership and management roles
- Honest and of high integrity
- Be resilient, focused, results oriented and a team player
- Good understanding of the KRA’s goals and objectives.
- Have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Have ability to pay attention to details and work under minimum supervision and for long hours
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong abilities to conduct research affecting business and propose suitable solutions/products
- Ability to prioritize and proactively execute tasks under high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Have good negotiation skills.
How to Apply