NOT Getting Job Interviews? Get A Professional CV Today. Click Here For Details
Chief Manager Jobs, Other Professions In Kenya, KRA Jobs
Position: Chief Manager, International Tax
- Provide necessary strategy and innovation in management of customs and Border control activities.
- Co-ordination and participation in the East Africa Community (EAC) budget and policy formulation activities
- Co-ordination of External Stakeholder engagements on policy issues affecting Customs and Border Control activities
- Provide technical input in the development of international trade policy instruments to relevant government ministries and agencies.
- Provide input in the interpretation of tax policy Issues touching on Customs and International tax.
- Ensure internal compliance with regional and international tax policies and agreements.
- Articulate the Authority’s position on matters of tax and customs in regional and international forums.
- Coordinate technical support to government ministries and agencies in trade dispute resolution with regional and international partners.
- Provide technical support to facilitate bilateral and multilateral trade negotiations in liaison with relevant government ministries and agencies.
- Enhance staff technical capacity through strategic and innovative guidance to the Line Departments Technical Staff.
- Participate in deliberation policy proposals at Corporate Level.
- Attend to any other assignment related to these duties.
- Be in possession of a Bachelor’s degree from a recognised University, at least Upper 2nd class Hons, in the fields of Finance, Accounting, Economics, Law or Taxation.
- Masters degree, in any of the field will be an added advantage.
- Certified Public Accountant (K), LSK membership or any similar qualifications.
- Conversant with WCO rules and tax legislations that govern VAT, Excise Duty and EACCMA.
- At least seven (7) years’ experience, three (3) of which should be at a senior management position in a relevant field.
- A good knowledge of practices, systems and techniques applicable in a modern Customs operations.
- Conversant with tax treaties and international tax operations and rules
- Have an analytical mind, a critical thinker, decision maker and one who can give policy advice to revenue administrators and policy makers.
- Possess good leadership and communication skills
- Computer literate.
How to Apply