Chief Manager Jobs, Other Professions, KRA Jobs
Position: Chief Manager
Grade: KRA 7
Department: Internal Audit
Division: Quality Compliance
Section / Unit: Quality Compliance
Location / Work station: Times Towers, Nairobi
The job holder is responsible for providing independent and objective assurance on the effectiveness of risk management, internal controls and governance processes to support achievement of the business goals and objectives and conformance of the Authority’s Quality Management System to the requirements of the ISO 9001: 2008/2015 and ISO 27001:2013 Standard.
- Manages staff within the quality compliance division with regards to task allocation and supervision.
- Coordinate identification of key risks to business objectives, controls and documentation of audit tests.
- Lead and coordinate development of the Annual Audit Work Plan (AAWP) for the quality compliance division to ensure that audits are planned and managed.
- Provide thought leadership in the development and implementation of internal audit strategies, policies and procedures to achieve Business strategic objectives in the quality compliance division.
- Develop, deploy and retain talent including completing performance appraisals, personal development, succession plans, mentor and coach staff within the quality compliance division and on a timely basis and in accordance with the established performance management system.
- Review audit reports to ensure they meet the required quality standards for reporting to Management and the Audit Committee of the Board.
- Review application of audit procedures and methodology and general accepted auditing standards to reviews to ensure adequacy of internal controls, compliance with policies, procedures and professional best practices.
- Preparation of divisional monthly performance reports and quarterly performance evaluation reports.
- Lead and coordinate preparation of the quality compliance division annual budgets and monitor their implementation.
- Coordinate the conduct of Quality Management System internal audits in KRA in accordance with ISO 9001:2008/2015, ISO 27001:2013 standards and KRA Quality Management System requirements.
- Provide assurance on the conformance of the Authority’s Quality Management System to the requirements of the ISO 9001:2008/2015, ISO 27001:2013 Standards and Quality Management System requirements established by the Authority.
- Preparation of Audit committee papers.
- Develop accountability structures and monitor the performance indicators for quality compliance division.
- Review audit files in the Audit management system (Teammate) for completeness and quality of work. Make suggestions for improvements and communicate with audit managers.
- Review scope of audits, allocation of resources, deadlines and terms of reference for each review in the respective units within the quality compliance division.
- Report on implementation of the quality compliance division AAWP.
- Provide advisory/consultancy support across the Authority.
- Keep abreast with legislative issues and new audit regulations/trends.
- Review adequacy of key corporate arrangements such as Anti-fraud and Corruption strategy and Corporate plan.
- Assist in the development of the departmental risk register.
- Report on the implementation status of Kenya National audit Office (KENAO) audit recommendations.
- Report on the implementation status of internal audit recommendations.
- Provide evidence to support the department’s/ Board performance contract obligations related to Quality Management System and other compliance requirements.
- Act as a primary client liaison with KENAO on quality compliance division audit queries.
- Development of quality compliance division budget.
- Approval of quality compliance division expenditures.
- Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Responsible for physical assets assigned by the institution.
- Provides oversight for the physical assets assigned to the division.
- Makes strategic, operational and financial decisions.
- Plan the work of subordinates.
- Assign work to subordinates.
- Monitor subordinates work performance.
- Appraise/evaluate subordinates performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Tax, commerce, accounting, finance, business administration or related field.
- Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- CIA or CISA, CPA or ACCA, Membership of ICPAK, ISACA or IIA, ISO 9001/QMS Lead Auditor
- At least seven (7) years of progressive work experience, three (3) of which must have been at a management level
- Analytical skills
- Organizational skills
- Computer proficient
- Strategic leadership
- Interpersonal skills
- Time management
- Communication skills
- Team player
- Critical thinking
How To Apply