Chief Manager Jobs, Legal Jobs In Kenya, KRA Jobs
Position: Chief Manager Litigation
Oversees the Functions and Operations of the Litigation Section, provision of legal advice, preparation of legal documents and guiding litigation.
- Formulate and implement strategies for the Litigation Section.
- Manage the pre-litigation process between KRA and other parties and render advice to avoid unnecessary litigation.
- Manage the Litigation function.
- Preparation of the Section’s work plan and budgets.
- Manage compliance with agreed systems and procedures to enhance efficient and effective prevention and execution of business risks.
- Manage research and review of legislation that impact on KRA and recommend any necessary amendments.
- Manage stakeholder engagements (External Counsel, Judiciary, DPP, EACC, AG).
- Manage the preparation of Memoranda of Understanding, bilateral and multilateral legal instruments with tax implications.
- Manage post litigation revenue recovery on concluded cases by revenue Departments.
- Manage the drafting of pleadings and defenses.
- Promote career and continuous professional development of staff in the Section.
- Manage the general performance of staff in the Section.
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law (LLB).
- A Post graduate diploma in Law.
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
- Possess a valid Practicing Certificate (LSK).
- Computer literate.
- Leadership, Management and Governance courses.
- 7 years post admission experience in commercial law and litigation practice, 3 of which should be in a management position in a comparable organization.
- Strong administrative, managerial and leadership skills
- Excellent decision making skills and capabilities
- Excellent planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Resilient, focused and results oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Motivated, dynamic and dedicated team player.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
How to Apply