Chief Nutrition Officer Jobs, Medical Jobs in Kenya, Kenyatta National Hospital Jobs
Reporting to the Deputy Director, Medical Services, the Chief Nutrition Officer shall be responsible for planning, organizing, supervising and evaluating of nutrition services in Hospital.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning, organizing and coordinating nutrition programmes in the Hospital and providing nutrition consultancy support.
- Provide innovative, preventive and curative nutrition services to inpatients and outpatients in accordance with the Constitution.
- Set comprehensive performance targets in line with the KNH Strategic Plan 2018/2023 and ensuring their achievement.
- Formulating and reviewing of Nutrition Policies, Procedures and Guidelines.
- Facilitate training and research on Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Developing nutrition information, education, promotion and communication materials.
- Guiding on procurement of nutrition supplements and assessment tools.
- Prepare expenditure estimates for the department and ensure proper utilization of the allocated funds.
- Conduct audits and surveys on nutrition processes in the hospital.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in any of the following disciplines; Foods, Nutrition and Dietetics /clinical Nutrition, Food Science and Nutrition, Home Economics and Nutrition or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines; Foods, Nutrition and Dietetics, Dietetics/Clinical Nutrition, Food Science and Nutrition, Home Economics and Nutrition or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Minimum six (6) years relevant experience with at least three (3) years’ experience as Deputy Chief Nutrition Officer or in a comparable role.
- Certificate in Leadership / Management course.
- Registration by the Kenya Nutritionists and Dieticians Institute.
- Valid practicing certificate.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
How To Apply
Those interested in applying for the declared vacancies and meet the job specifications are required to apply online and submit a hard copy of the Hospital application form available in the website with copies of certificates and testimonials on or before 18th February 2020 to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta National Hospital
P.O Box 20723-00202
“Kenyatta National Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and qualified candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.
Please visit our website www.knh.or.ke for full profile of all the advertised positions and the Hospital application form and also the link to apply online.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and must present the following documents during the interview:-
- A certificate of good conduct from the National Police Service
- EACC Clearance
- Credit Reference Bureau Clearance
- HELB Compliance
- KRA Tax Compliance