Commis Chef Jobs, Hotel Jobs In Kenya, BTL EA Jobs
Position: Commis Chef
The position is responsible for assisting the Sous/Head Chef on duty with storage, preparation and cooking of all food items in a fast-paced kitchen environment, while adhering to all Health and Food Safety Industry Standards.
- Do appropriate Mis en Place at the beginning of every shift as well as closing duties at the end of the shift.
- Portion, arrange, garnish and serve orders to customers at windows, counters, buffet or tables.
- Assist in monitoring food stocks and stock movement.
- Understand daily departmental costs and how they influence profit and loss results.
- Ensure minimum kitchen wastage.
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment as directed
- Ensure stock is controlled and rotated.
- Report any maintenance issues to the Head Chef immediately.
- Comply with all BTL CICC’s policies and procedures to ensure that all-statutory regulations are observed.
- Be flexible to work in any given shift and go out of way to extend when duty calls.
- At least a certificate in food production from a recognized hospitality institution.
- Two year of work experience in a busy establishment is required.
- Have a valid food handlers certificate.
- Conversant with the use of Cooking equipment in the hotel industry.
- Aware of the current cooking trends in the hospitality industry.
- Knowledgeable in cooking and presentation of food.
- High level of creativity and innovation
- Food sanitization knowledge is a must
- A good team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Physically fit and able to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
How to Apply
Applications with a detailed CV, copies of certificates, and three referees (Professional, Social and Church), Office and mobile telephone contacts for both applicant and referees be emailed (Preferred) or posted to reach the under mentioned by Sunday 9th February 2020
Bible Translation & Literacy E.A
Human Resources Manager
P.O. Box 44456 – 00100,
Tel. +254 -722 209606;
+254 – 735 333065
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted