Communications Officer Jobs, Communications Jobs in Kenya, USIU Jobs
- Reporting to the Deputy Vice Chancellor -Academic & Student Affairs, the Communications Officer will be charged with the responsibility of planning, developing, implementing and evaluating communications plans that raise the profile of USIU-Africa and demonstrate communications best practice.
Develop, Implement and Evaluate External Communications Plans to Support Communications Priorities by;
- Building and executing effective and dynamic external communications campaigns with the support of internal communications officer.
- Identifying external communication gaps and solutions.
- Working with faculty and student affairs team to generate stories and conversations that build the image of the University positively.
- Creating stakeholder maps and refreshing them regularly based on internal and external influences.Seek Out and Write Stories that Demonstrate the Impact of USIU-Africa in the Community and Globally Through the Following;
- Developing processes and channels for seeking USIU-Africa stories within East Africa and globally.
- Creating seamless synergy within the Student & Academic Affairs office and the Marketing & Communication office.
- Working with faculty to make their research relevant in the mainstream media such as op-ed pieces and setting up interviews.
- Research and push for publication of compelling stories about USIU-Africa for internal and external use.To Support Media Relations and Event Communications
- Build and maintain strong relationships with regional and local media houses to showcase USIU-Africa’s activities and impact.
- Coordinate logistics and liaise with media for on-site events and promotions.
- Support all communications initiatives for USIU-Africa’s events.Event Planning & Management
- Plan and manage campus wide events that are well thought out and aligned to the USIU-Africa brand and within the allocated budget.
Minimum Educational/Professional Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or equivalent, from a recognized university;
- Minimum of five years’ experience in communications, marketing, media relations, public relations or related field;
- The candidate must have photography skills;
- Demonstrated experience with digital and print communications;
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- Demonstrated experience creating successful communications plans;
- Demonstrated experience with communications best practice;
- Understanding of stakeholder engagement and meeting stakeholder communication needs;
- Event management experience;
- Experience in brand building;
- Knowledge of web content management and can write and update content on various University digital assets;
- Knowledge of the media industry with contacts within various media organizations,;
- Knowledge of issues management and crisis communications;
Personal Attributes & Competencies
- Confident and, self-assured.
- Takes initiative to leverage opportunities and tackle challenges.
- Uses creativity and critical thinking to identify solutions.
- Able to work as part of a team and independently.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with stakeholders.
- Good at multi-tasking, able to work quickly and effectively.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the value of storytelling in print, digital and social media channels.
- Commitment to USIU-Africa’s vision and values.
How to Apply
Quick Read>>>Key Lessons I Learned From My First Job