Company Advocate Jobs, Legal Jobs In Kenya, Brites Management Jobs
Position: Company Advocate/ PA to the MD
Salary: Attractive and Negotiable
Our client in manufacturing set up is looking to hire a company advocate who will also act as the Personal Assistant to the MD. We are looking for a high performing Advocate of five years post admission experience. The successful candidate should be solution oriented, technically competent as well as be able to work without significant supervision and have developed a particular strength and reputation in their work area.
- Read, edit, draft and interpret all company documents, letters and contracts
- Attending Courts cases for the company
- Conducting negotiations with a view to settling potentially litigious matters in the best interest
- To effectively monitor the on-going litigation cases in the firm including adherence to the internal processes
- Working with as a trusted legal advisor while advising and promptly updating directors on their cases and the developments of the law
- Developing lasting client relationships and actively building on experiences that support the company
- Preparations of quality legal pleadings in line with client’s instructions and within the set timelines as well as observing and managing the processes
- Offering legally sound advice to Corporate bodies and individual clients in regard to various transactions or cases handled by the Firm
- Advising the company competently and confidently on the technical aspects of a wide range of matters particularly in corporate and commercial disputes
- Research on diverse range of assigned issues, documents and case history to ensure accuracy of advice and procedures;
PA support to the Managing Director.
- Manage and maintain the MD’s operational tasks
- Read, interpret and sometimes sign contracts on behalf of MD
- Ensure busy diary commitments, papers and travel arrangements are managed effectively
- Conduct weekly meetings with the MD to discuss upcoming engagements, invitations and other requests
- Schedule on behalf of the MD meetings between him and his direct reports and the committees and groups to which he is a member.
- Coordinate MD’s meetings and attend on his behalf to discuss matters affecting the company
- Update on emails and keep his appointments for reminder
- Filter general information, queries, phone calls and invitations to the MD by redirecting or taking forward such contact as appropriate.
- Ensure the MD is fully briefed on, or prepared for, any engagements he is involved in. Keep and maintain an accurate record of papers and electronic correspondence on behalf of the MD.
- Prepare correspondence on behalf of the MD, including the drafting of general replies.
- Minute general meetings as required and complete research on behalf of the MD
- Filing – including legal activities, keep and retrieve files, be custody to confidential documents
- Ensure guests meeting with the MD are well taken care of and meet guests in his absence
- Provide a service that is in line with the MD’s work habits and preferences.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- LLB Degree from a recognized University
- Must be an Advocate of the High court of Kenya
- 3-5 years’ experience as a company advocate with PA duties
- Should have analytical skills and with a good judgement
- Should have sound drafting skills with exceptional accuracy
- Should be up-to-date in knowledge on relevant company laws
- Should have strong communication and inter-personal skills both verbal and written
- Should have the ability to develop and maintain strong client and staff relationship
How to Apply
If qualified send CV stating your experience, skills and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.