County Structural Engineers Jobs, Engineering Jobs In Kenya, Mandera County Jobs
Mandera County Public Service Board invites applications from suitable and qualified Kenya Citizens to fill the following vacant positions as per the constitution of Kenya 2010 and County Government Act No 17 of 2012.
COUNTY STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS –JG “N” TWO (2) POSTS-VACANCY NO.MCG/MCPSB/DPW/24/12/19/10
Terms of service –permanent and pensionable
- Ability to choose appropriate materials such as concrete, steel, timber and masonry to meet desired specification;
- Inspecting the work and providing technical advice to the construction team;
- Analysing configurations of the basic structural component of a building;
- Calculating the pressures stresses and strains that each component, such as beam or lintel will experience from other parts of the structure due to usage;
- Liaising with other designers to agree on safe designs and their fit with aesthetic concept of construction. Making drawings, specification and computer models of structure for building;
- Working with architect, quantity surveyor and other technical engineers to investigate ground conditions;
- Prepare reports, designs and drawings;
- Providing technical advice and managing projects;
- Inspecting properties to check conditions/foundation.
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Degree in structural engineering /building/construction/civil engineering or any other related field from a recognized University;
- Have at least 1-2 years’ experience in public or private sectors;
- Good management skills;
- Leadership and supervisory skills;
- Capacity to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines;
- Meet the requirements of the Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya
How to Apply
Interested applicant should fill in application form and attach copies of Certificates, Testimonials and Identity Card.The Form can be downloaded from Mandera County Website www.mandera.go.ke or obtained from Mandera County Public Service Board office, All Sub County Administrators Office in Mandera County.
Detailed of job descriptions, duties and requirements for appointments for the above positions can be obtained from the County website www.mandera.go.ke
All Chapter Six Clearance documents must also be attached to the employment application form.
No Online applications will be accepted.
The Board will not accept any other form of application except Mandera County employments application form stated above.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Mandera County Government is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women, youth and Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvasing and giving false information in employment application form will lead to automatic disqualification
Application should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side indicating position being applied for and vacancy number and;-
Mandera County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 356-70300, Mandera.
Applications should reach the County Public Service Board on or before Monday 13th, January 2020 by 4.00p.m. Or by hand delivered to the office of the County Public Service Board at Mandera Vocational Training Centre.