NOT Getting Job Interviews? Get A Professional CV Today. Click Here For Details
Credit Fellow Jobs, Internships In Kenya, Mkopa Jobs
Position: Credit Fellow
The Credit Intern will be in charge of providing analysis, reporting, insights and communications regarding credit performance of the company’s portfolio, customers, and products and services. This includes the preparation reports used internally and by external stakeholders. In liaison with the Credit Manager, provide key insights to influence credit behaviour and performance.
- Provide high-quality analysis (through tools including SQL, statistical software, excel, Power Bi, and computer science models) to inform management on credit performance of the portfolio, products and customers.
- Contribute to the development of reports to key stakeholders including senior management, the board of directors and investors, including graphical analysis, PowerPoint presentations, and verbal and written communications.
- Design and implement experiments/initiatives geared towards improving and maintaining a healthy credit performance across M-KOPA’s customer base.
- Contribute to the development of credit and financial models to be used by the business including but not limited to bad debt modelling, cash flow modelling, and loss rate assumptions.
- Monitor and report on key performance metrics on M-KOPA’s core products.
- Draft, review and suggest pricing – including credit assumptions – for new and existing products.
- Execute work in coordination with other departments regarding credit-related communications.
- Collaborate with the Data/Tech Team to improve data accuracy and reliability for reporting.
- A degree in computer science, engineering, statistics or a related field, or equivalent experience / self-directed learning.
- Experience: At least 1-2 years of experience in analytical or quantitative role.
- Credit, data or financial analysis skills to effectively review and report on the performance metrics.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with and manage business expectations with key stakeholders.
- A positive, learning-oriented attitude and capacity for self-empowerment.
- University degree preferably in a quantitative field, including computer science, statistics, engineering or finance.
- Knowledge of lending business practices and products preferred.
- Previous experience in finance, business intelligence or consumer credit analysis preferred.
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and understanding of statistics and quantitative methods.
How to Apply