CRO Research Support Manager Jobs, Other Professions In Kenya, ILRI Jobs
Position: CRO Research Support Manager
ILRI is in the process of developing a Contract Research Organization (CRO) arm to provide services to internal and external research projects utilizing its animal research facilities. To ensure the delivery of efficient and high-quality research in line with compliance (VICH GCP) and time lines, ILRI is looking for an experienced person to manage the research support activities during the acquisition, implementation and closure of experiments in the facilities.
- Team Lead duties which includes resource scheduling and updating of departmental worksheets in line with good people practices and in accordance with departmental objectives
- Act as an assistant to the Study Investigator/Director on multiple specialties of GCP, GLP and non-standard studies to deliver efficient and high-quality research in line with compliance and time lines
- Act as Study Investigator on a specialty of non-standard studies to deliver efficient and high-quality research in line with compliance and time lines
- Supporting the development of protocols and ethics applications to high-quality in line with compliance and time lines
- Promotion of principals either preventing the onset of animal diseases and/or controlling the escalation of animal diseases ensuring good animal health and wellbeing by following set instructions and procedures
- Supervising the activities involving either the termination of animals and/or handling and processing of animals found dead or moribund but not conducting actual disposal of the carcass while adhering to internal standards
- Supervise the use and verification of relevant equipment according to set instructions and procedures in order to correctly use and verify equipment for tasks allocated
- Supervise the recording and handling of raw data by following set instructions and procedures to ensure accurate and consistent information for departmental and study use
- Supervise the handling of animals according to set instructions and procedures to ensure content, well-adjusted and cared for animals
- Observe the workplace rules at all times and report non-conformance to the relevant person as to ensure that all activities in the workplace are compliant with company rules, policies and procedures
- Conduct relevant observations, examination and/ or analysis with regard to animal health and wellbeing by following set instructions and procedures
- Supervise the activities and practices involving either the quarantine and/or isolation of animals to promote the principals of animal health and wellbeing according to set instructions and procedures
- Adhere to biosafety and security protocols.
- Supervise the handling and storage of chemicals and laboratory consumables in an efficient, safe and environmentally sustainable manner which is in accordance with the prescribed procedures and instructions
- Interact, socialise and handle animals by following set instructions and procedures to ensure content, well-adjusted and cared for animals
- Perform specific study related and/or study conduct tasks by following set instructions and procedures to ensure safe and successful study practices
- Supports study administrative tasks by following set instructions and procedures to ensure safe and successful study delivery
- Identify and implement preventative measures in accordance with set instructions and procedures in cases where serious diseases are suspected
- Oversee receiving, inspecting, storing and dispensing of animal feed as required to units by internal standards
- Verification, monitoring and control of environmental monitoring devices (temperature, humidity and water quality) by following set instructions and procedures to ensure a correct controlled climate and safe water quality for animal consumption and use
- Adherence to specified internal and external compliance and legislative standards, requirements and practices
- Administration of veterinary products to animals actively being utilised in a study inclusive of drugs utilised for concomitant therapy
- Promotion of the principals of therapy and care of animals ensuring good animal health and wellbeing by following set instructions and procedures
- Oversee the identification and implementation of appropriate environmental enrichment material/s and activities in accordance with set instruction as and procedures for the benefit of animals
- PhD in Natural or Biological Science;
- At least 3 years’ research experience.
- Expertise in animal health, animal welfare, biosecurity, bio-safety issues, and the 3Rs (Refine, Replace and Reduce) concept associated with animal health research.
- Expertise in VICH GCP and GLP
How to apply
This position is at job level HG 16. The position is a 3-year contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funding. ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; pension, medical and other insurances. Click here to apply