Deputy Chief Administrative Officer Jobs, Medical Jobs in Kenya, Kenyatta National Hospital Jobs
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Deputy Chief Administrative Officer will be responsible for provision of quality administrative services in the Hospital.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulating and reviewing administrative policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Monitoring income and expenditure trends.
- Coordinating and maintaining building and equipment.
- Managing the inventory of assets.
- Ensuring timely payment of bills for common services.
- Managing contracts for maintenance services by outside vendors and ensuring compliance with Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Preparing Annual Operational Plans and budgets for presentation to the Board.
- Ensuring timely procurement of the departmental requirements.
- Approving procurement of appropriate office furniture.
- Approving payments of all bills for common services.
- Preparing annual operational plans and budgets for presentation to the board.
- Coordinating interdepartmental activities.
- Monitoring and evaluating projects.
- Managing quality standards and procedures.
- Ensuring performance management and capacity building.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in any of the following Social Sciences: Health Management, Hospital Administration, Health Planning, Public Health, Business Administration or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following Social Sciences: Government, Anthropology, Sociology, Business Administration, Public Administration, Commerce, Health Economics, or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Served for a minimum period of eight (8) years relevant work at least three (3) years’ experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Certified Public Secretary (K) or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
- Certificate in Leadership/Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognised institution.
- Registered with a relevant professional body.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
How To Apply
Those interested in applying for the declared vacancies and meet the job specifications are required to apply online and submit a hard copy of the Hospital application form available in the website with copies of certificates and testimonials on or before 18th February 2020 to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta National Hospital
P.O Box 20723-00202
“Kenyatta National Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and qualified candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.
Please visit our website www.knh.or.ke for full profile of all the advertised positions and the Hospital application form and also the link to apply online.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and must present the following documents during the interview:-
- A certificate of good conduct from the National Police Service
- EACC Clearance
- Credit Reference Bureau Clearance
- HELB Compliance
- KRA Tax Compliance
Quick Read>>> Answering Interview Behavioral Questions