Deputy Chief Physiotherapist Jobs, Medical Jobs in Kenya, Kenyatta National Hospital Jobs
An officer at this level will be responsible to the Chief Physiotherapist in the provision of physiotherapy services in the Hospital.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and implementing policies, standards, guidelines and procedures in the provision of Physiotherapy services;
- Coordinating stakeholders in disability mainstreaming and rehabilitation;
- Devising appropriate Physiotherapy programmes with the aim of preventing/ minimizing disability and promoting maximum independence and full integration in all aspects of life;
- Promoting and availing knowledge on use of assistive/supportive devices and technologies;
- Coordinating development of health promotion and education materials for sensitization on neuro-musculoskeletal disorders and health living;
- Ensuring provision of holistic Physiotherapy services to clients;
- Coordinating assessment and categorization of persons with disabilities;
- Conducting research on emerging trends and issues in Physiotherapy;
- Managing an up-to-date data base for Physiotherapy services for in-putting into the integrated health information system;
- Monitoring and evaluating physical disability and Physiotherapy programmes
- Preparation of strategic/work plans;
- Participating in curriculum development; and
- Coaching, mentoring, counseling, guiding and training staff and students.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Physiotherapy or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Certificate in Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Masters degree in any of the following disciplines; Orthopedic Manual Therapy, Sports Physiotherapy, Obstetrics Physiotherapy, Pediatric Physiotherapy, CardioPulmonary Physiotherapy, Neuro-Rehabilitation, Critical Care (ICU) Physiotherapy or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Registration with Kenya Society of Physiotherapists.
- Minimum five (5) years relevant experience, with not less than three (3) years as a Senior Physiotherapist or in a comparable role.
- Valid practicing certificate.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
How To Apply
Those interested in applying for the declared vacancies and meet the job specifications are required to apply online and submit a hard copy of the Hospital application form available in the website with copies of certificates and testimonials on or before 18th February 2020 to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta National Hospital
P.O Box 20723-00202
“Kenyatta National Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and qualified candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.
Please visit our website www.knh.or.ke for full profile of all the advertised positions and the Hospital application form and also the link to apply online.
NB: (a) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and must present the following documents during the interview:-
- A certificate of good conduct from the National Police Service
- EACC Clearance
- Credit Reference Bureau Clearance
- HELB Compliance
- KRA Tax Compliance
Quick Read>>>Questions To Ask In An Interview