Deputy Chief Public Health Officer Jobs, Medical Jobs in Kenya, Kenyatta National Hospital Jobs
An officer at this level will be responsible to the Chief Public Health Officer for provision of quality public health services in the Hospital.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning, organizing, directing and controlling public health activities;
- Providing public health services in conjunction with other relevant
- Developing and implementing training curriculum;
- Supervising collection of water and food samples;
- Ensuring disaster preparedness and response;
- Supervising, coaching and counselling staff, training, guiding and mentoring students.
- Personal Specifications
Qualification and Experience
- Served for a minimum period of eight (8) years relevant work at least three (3) years experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines; Environmental Health Science, Public Health Inspection or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Masters degree in any of the following disciplines; Environmental Health, Public Health, Epidemiology, Food Safety and Quality, Food Science and Technology, Community Health, Occupational Health and Safety, Health Promotion and Education, Solid Waste Management, Disaster Management or equivalent
qualification from a recognized institution.
- Valid practicing license from the Public Health Officer and Technicians Council.
- Leadership/Management Course lasting not less than 4 weeks from a recognized institution.
- Certificate in computer applications.
- Complied with the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya
How To Apply
Those interested in applying for the declared vacancies and meet the job specifications are required to apply online and submit a hard copy of the Hospital application form available in the website with copies of certificates and testimonials on or before 18th February 2020 to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta National Hospital
P.O Box 20723-00202
“Kenyatta National Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and qualified candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.
Please visit our website www.knh.or.ke for full profile of all the advertised positions and the Hospital application form and also the link to apply online.
NB: (a) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and must present the following documents during the interview:-
- A certificate of good conduct from the National Police Service
- EACC Clearance
- Credit Reference Bureau Clearance
- HELB Compliance
- KRA Tax Compliance
Quick Read>>>Questions To Ask In An Interview